Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor and Owen banter tonight

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
some lad named Jack Harper from real Madrid joining maybe thats who they are on about

from newsnow website

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've put 2 and 2 together (and not made 22) but if it is who I think it is then it's very much more potential than first XI but a very exciting prospect nonetheless.

It's also someone that I don't believe has ever been mentioned on NSC from what I can see.

So: don't expect a big "WOW!" but it should be someone to be excited about and will get some wider media attention I imagine.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Its Jack Harper from Real Madrid. Absolutely fantastic signing as I know there was plenty of clubs interested. Very well thought of at Real and in Spain, but lets face it....how many of their acadamy players make it at the club? Very happy with this one, can't wait to watch his development with us.

Not sure about the 7, but he was number 22 for Real Madrid Castilla (Reserve/U22s)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where does the 7 come into it - other news? I guess Colunga going..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmm...ok. Another "promising youngster" with no real experience. He'd have to have been something incredible to have made it at RM, so no surprise he's having to reassess his career now.

Its another punt more in hope than expectation for me. I'm guessing he's not come here with a view to going into the DS - but the Championship is a VERY tough league that will chew youngsters up, so I hope nobody is expecting to drop this 19 year old into our 1st team and see him carve the division up this season. I'd love to see it happen, but without doubt we STILL need some proven quality and experience up front.

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
Where does the 7 come into it - other news? I guess Colunga going..

His twitter handles jackharper7, so that may be it, not entirely sure though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 908
Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmm...ok. Another "promising youngster" with no real experience. He'd have to have been something incredible to have made it at RM, so no surprise he's having to reassess his career now.

Its another punt more in hope than expectation for me. I'm guessing he's not come here with a view to going into the DS - but the Championship is a VERY tough league that will chew youngsters up, so I hope nobody is expecting to drop this 19 year old into our 1st team and see him carve the division up this season. I'd love to see it happen, but without doubt we STILL need some proven quality and experience up front.

The 'reassess' appears to be because they are abandoning there 'c' team

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The 'reassess' appears to be because they are abandoning there 'c' team

Undoubtedly. Seems he wasn't keen on being farmed out to some backwater spanish lower division club, which is understandable.

Whether training and playing in RM's ressies will be any kind of preparation for the rigours of the Championship remains to be seen. He's obviously got talent - you don't join a club of that calibre without having something about you, but its still a big ask to expect him to come here and make a significant contribution for us this season IMO.

I do vaguely recall seeing a feature on him when he first signed for RM, might have been on Football Focus or something. They were interviewing him in his Madrid apartment, seemed a decent level headed lad, he as waiting for his girlfriend to join him out there. Plenty of plaudits talking about his talent, so I really hope we've got ourselves a gem. But I don't think he's the answer (yet) to our embarrassing goal drought.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Harper in
Colunga out

These U21 signings look absolutely fantastic, exciting players but we NEED to sign some first teamers please BHAFC. We still need a striker, center half, winger and CAM.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We appear to be using Scouts instead of a logarithm of probability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here