seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rogers and Turienzo wouldn't even be fit to clean his boots. :thumbsup:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Of course he'll get a chance, but a track record of Chester, Macclesfield and Accrington does not make me think we've got a Steven Gerrard on our hands here.

If he was steven gerrard he wouldn't be playing for us would he? You sound like my dad, he's always falsely comparing us to Premiership or good Championship sides as if we should be signing similar players. We are a lower league provincial team that attract this kind of player, why it surprises anyone never ceases to amuse me. I'd rather attract players from lower league teams whose careers are improving than from higher league teams whose careers are on the wane and God knows we've had enough of those over the years.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If he was steven gerrard he wouldn't be playing for us would he? You sound like my dad, he's always falsely comparing us to Premiership or good Championship sides as if we should be signing similar players. We are a lower league provincial team that attract this kind of player, why it surprises anyone never ceases to amuse me. I'd rather attract players from lower league teams whose careers are improving than from higher league teams whose careers are on the wane and God knows we've had enough of those over the years.

This is NSC. Please stop talking sense. :angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We seem to be building a small bindipper enclave around Withdean these days.

Probably a blessing that none of us are allowed to park our cars there then.
:p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i haven't seen either smith or navarro play yet and i don't doubt slade is a good judge of a player but it seems to me that we have too many central midfielders how many do we need?. but overall squad looks miles better than last year

Blimey, about a month ago people on here were moaning about the volume of defenders and strikers that we had and that we were a bit light in midfield. Now, we're overloaded....

We've got it about right, I reckon. There's competition for all positions now - which should keep players on their toes but it looks like we won't be playing 40 players this year, so we should have some continuity.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Sir Gerald Nabarro was a whisky-toting Tory MP with a handle-bar moustache who made a number of unfortunate racist comments in the 1960s. He would have fitted in well with some NSC regulars.

When Alan Navarro played against us a few years ago, for Tranmere I think, I sadly found this amusing. Seemed a solid enough player if I remember rightly. More Jan Molby than Gerrard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here