Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Naughty, naughty Dale Stephens

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Decent player for us and did a job. His limitations were highlighted in PL. wouldn’t pass the no dickeads policy, wouldn’t even get close.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
No.

What's happened to him? Why has he barely played for them?

He wasn’t the epitome of fitness at the best of times and I found it odd that a “trained like soldiers” team like Burnley would see him as a good fit.

He was great for us though. Joined when we were at the bottom of a curve and saw us on our way to the PL.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Idiot.
Punished.
Forgive.
Move on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They courted him for years and years, it's odd that he finally got his move and has only made 9 appearances, don't you think?

I also liked him when he played for us. Although when he was bad, he was really bad.

Bit like Ali J....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stephens cannot be compared in any way to Ali J as a player.

His influence in getting us promoted and our nursery period in the PL was highly significant.

Absolutely this.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
This is the thing I never understand about celebrities getting done for drink driving, especially footballers. I can't believe there wasn't somebody who wouldn't be prepared to give him a lift.

Same here. You would imagine taxi drivers would drop everyone (metaphorically and literally) to pick him up at 2 am because a hundred quid tip is nothing to a prem footballer, its not like he would be standing in the rain for an hour or so. basically it's arrogance.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard the police pulled him over after they spotted him on the motorway going sideways and backwards at a very slow speed.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah she did dthe dirty on el-abd a few years back and recall Duffy getting in the way of a haymaker coming dales way. He must have promised her the delights of Burnley to seal the deal.

Now that's the kind of salacious gossip we need on here :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah she did dthe dirty on el-abd a few years back and recall Duffy getting in the way of a haymaker coming dales way. He must have promised her the delights of Burnley to seal the deal.

At least she has a type …. ‘Footballer’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the thing I never understand about celebrities getting done for drink driving, especially footballers. I can't believe there wasn't somebody who wouldn't be prepared to give him a lift.

You underestimate the lure of the thrill of risk taking. Trust me, it can be a dulcet siren.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here