Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naughty Boys From Barnsley?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you the bloke who complained about that on twitter last night? The family stand is a small section with a few blocks at the north end of the east stand, I sit on the edge of it and it's not even up to the halfway line. We can barely see the opposition fans let alone hear their songs or see their gestures.
I sit in the family section and we can quite clearly see and hear the away fans gestures and songs , not that I'm complaining , it's football not ballet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm quite surprised to be honest. Admittedly it was a good while ago, but my experience of Barnsley FC & it's fans has always been a positive one.

Back in the 80's and 90's I used to travel away quite a lot, and on one occasion when arriving at Oakwell early,and it was pouring with rain, my friend and I were asked in to the club by the secretary, and given a bit of a tour. We saw the trophy shelf, they hadn't won enough cups for it to be called a room, or even a cabinet!
It was one small bit of there support

el punal

Are you the bloke who complained about that on twitter last night? The family stand is a small section with a few blocks at the north end of the east stand, I sit on the edge of it and it's not even up to the halfway line. We can barely see the opposition fans let alone hear their songs or see their gestures.

No I didn't complain on Twitter. But you can see everything from where I sit in the West Upper, it was the bloke sitting next to me who pointed it out - a bit of a sideshow to the main event on the pitch to be honest.

By the way, the end section of the East Stand (South end) is also designated Family zone, unless it's changed recently. I sat there with my grandson for his first Albion game two years ago.

still got applause, though......anyone notice the 'London Tykes' flag behind the goal ? They travelled less distance than me.

Suprised this flag was not on show???

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 1,609

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Block G is also family. I don't get why it's there, move it to the west lower or next to the other East family blocks.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Sounds like they thought they'd spotted comrade [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]. Shame he was on a bus and missed this wistful look back at days gone by when strikes really were strikes.

It's a shame you keep demeaning yourself with such comments, especially seeing the devastation to the communities that the closure of the pits caused.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's a shame you keep demeaning yourself with such comments, especially seeing the devastation to the communities that the closure of the pits caused.

Still, they did win the Brexit vote. So what with promotion and that, they've had a good year

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sit in the family section and we can quite clearly see and hear the away fans gestures and songs , not that I'm complaining , it's football not ballet.

But look at some of the hand gestures in just Asian ballet. You're missing out.
We've only got the wanker, the V's and the cock sucking that spring to mind.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,245

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You do get a fair number of family's up the other end ...mixed in with a few young lads who I think were happy to return the compliments of a small section of Barnsley supporters ...it was all a bit handbags from what I could see from the halfway line in EU ...the tit with the hat giving it large for most of the game even giving a steward a hug on the way out :moo:

No I didn't complain on Twitter. But you can see everything from where I sit in the West Upper, it was the bloke sitting next to me who pointed it out - a bit of a sideshow to the main event on the pitch to be honest.

By the way, the end section of the East Stand (South end) is also designated Family zone, unless it's changed recently. I sat there with my grandson for his first Albion game two years ago.

Block G is also family. I don't get why it's there, move it to the west lower or next to the other East family blocks.
I stand corrected. I didn't know the club had extended the family section. Thanks.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm quite surprised to be honest. Admittedly it was a good while ago, but my experience of Barnsley FC & it's fans has always been a positive one.

Back in the 80's and 90's I used to travel away quite a lot, and on one occasion when arriving at Oakwell early,and it was pouring with rain, my friend and I were asked in to the club by the secretary, and given a bit of a tour. We saw the trophy shelf, they hadn't won enough cups for it to be called a room, or even a cabinet!

Was it a bit Parky up there that day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here