[Football] Nations League & other international football, October 2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Maguire.

The albatross around Southgate's neck that he refuses to get rid of.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No more words are required.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Even now, 1-0 down at home… not a sniff of an aggressive tactical change. It’s so frustrating, how can you make it as a professional football manager with such little tactical knowledge and flexibility? :facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One of the worst halves of football quality wise I’ve seen in a long time, and that’s both sides. Germany look dreadful.

Honestly the vibe I’m getting is similar to the end of Hughtons reign, the fans have given up and the players look bored themselves.

Just missing a 5.0 thrashing at home by somebody like Malta

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We’ve all seen some awful defenders in our years in league 1 and 2 but Maguire is without doubt one of the worst I’ve seen

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not even with Steve McClaren in charge did England look this utterly pathetic.

All of these players hate their lives right now. Sensible thing before the World Cup would be to leave about 10 or 12 of the usual squad members at home and bring in some players with no expectations on their shoulders and with nothing to lose. At this point a massive gamble is more likely to work out than this lot going to the WC.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can feel a cash out coming on if by some miracle we manage to score next

beteng.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can anyone who defends Southgate give me any valid defence anymore

No goals in 9 and a half hours, relegated from the group, attacking talent being wasted, no tactical fluidity..

Mark my words if we do scrape through the group stages due to a piss poor group we will be out in the first knockout phase, he should be sacked now but we know the FA won’t sack him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank goodness Werner's as bad for Germany as he is for Chelsea - one for Potter to off-load sharpish in January(probably along with one or two others that won't please Boehly, Boehly having just spaffed £millions on them).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports