A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s barely changed as a team since 2018, how depressing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The style of play Southgate tries to get England to play is excessively boring but for me it’s tactically mindless, how can you play a back 5 without all 3 centre halves AND goalkeeper being comfortable on the ball, the entire way that system works is having ball playing defenders who are happy to step into midfield and into wider positions, Dier and Maguire alongside Pope simply aren’t good enough on the ball.

FFS be a decent human being and don't go asking GS questions you know darned well he doesn't know how to answer!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not bothered about England being shit really, it’s hardly new. We’ve been held back for years by dinosaur managers and lucked our way through a few tournaments playing dire football with unbelievable draws.

We’ve got probably the best crop of attacking young talent we’ve had in a long time and we have a manager who insists on playing 5 at the back and at most 3/4 attacking players, if we went to the World Cup and just gave our players creative freedom that’s all I really want, couldn’t care less if we lose, this is starting to remind me of us towards the end of Hughtons reign.

Nick Pope can’t pass a ball for shit, fantastic goalkeeper but he just looks like a hoofer to me, but then again can you blame him… he’s only got one person who actually wants the ball. (stones)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He’s an idea Southgate, if you insist on letting Kane drop deep because you refuse to play any other way, why not play another striker so there’s someone in the box.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When I read podcasts about what Potter and Di Zerbe are trying to do and then watch this England side I think …….. is Maguire playing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We e got brilliant players though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sterling one of the few seemingly playing with any confidence. A shame because a few weeks of Potter playing him as a holding midfielder will soon have that knocked out of him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sterling falling in value today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
…are they singing the Cucurella song?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Watch Sterling and Foden carefully when Germany have the ball, they are totally clueless what to do, that simply has to come down to bad coaching or bad direction because they manage to press fine at their clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports