Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League & other international football, October 2022

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Lost interest in England ages ago - as I took the just over 2/1 for an Italy win I was half watching while doing other stuff.

Didn't even know we were playing Germany on Monday until I saw it mentioned on here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
England's greatest fan about this evening?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It’s too late to change, the two managers you would want in Howe/Potter are gone and won’t be interested in England.

It would be far from ideal, but a Caretaker Manager is probably the only hope we'd have of some sort of success.

Let's face facts, it couldn't be any worse than what we've seen over the last 5 games.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Only thankful I missed the first 30 mins. What a load of crap. Southgate really is a tool

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Less than 2 months till a World Cup. Southgate isn't getting sacked. Maguire, Shaw etc will be playing.

I don't like it much, but will be getting behind them all when it all kicks off in November

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sack the Palace **** and give Dyche the job you know it makes sense

What?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Get Sean Dyche or Scott Parker in .....or Potter....

I don't think the FA can afford to buy out Potter's contract at Chelsea? Not sure a young and (probably) upwardly mobile young manager would want the jon anyway - it's more a nice job to hand to an older experienced manager for his final hurrah.
Seriously, if the press hadn't set him up, the likes of Big Sam would have been perfect. Up for retirement relatively soon anyway with a career behind him (like Bobby Robson or Terry Venables for example) - and would have got the same - or probably better - out of the group of players at his disposal. A failed Moddlesbrough manager who wears a tie and talks nice ain't the answer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please forget about the Potter and England link.

Covered in detail in the Telegraph this week, it was the FA’s plan. Then completely outflanked by $$$$$$$$$$Boehly, Potter only has vision for that project (and McLaren dealers), absolutely no interest in the England job.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How long does it take for Southgate to realise that this ain't working?

Never

486DDE77-EB28-4D01-B4D7-F3D7A2842563.jpeg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Covered in detail in the Telegraph this week, it was the FA’s plan. Then completely outflanked by $$$$$$$$$$Boehly, Potter only has vision for that project (and McLaren dealers), absolutely no interest in the England job.

Good chance he may not be in a job by December if he doesn’t hit the ground running though…..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes, he's stupid enough to risk Chelsea but not as stupid as all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here