Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe just me but this is a much better performance than the game against Germany :shrug:

The final 15 minutes, after German had us chasing more talented shadows for 75.

Hungary, population just 9.75m (all racists) are picking us off on the counter. The donkeys attack en masse, badly, leaving our entire half free to exploit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The final 15 minutes, after German had us chasing more talented shadows for 75.

Hungary, population just 9.75m (all racists) are picking us off on the counter. The donkeys attack en masse, badly, leaving our entire half free to exploit.

I'm glad after having yet another shoulder op I'm happily sitting here drugged.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hopefully some 'Boos' at the break, not heard on C4 since they caught Vorderman with a calculator on Countdown.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am alone here but I am enjoying seeing England fighting for everything and am not throwing abuse at the players like I do so often. I am enjoying the game :shrug:

I’ll say it again, I’d bloody love to see Gallagher in the stripes :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was shocking

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Utter gash, Southgate out, bla, bla, ba. Burp.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Which Premier League side would willingly replace their current manager with Southgate?

Yes, he started well and got the country behind the side. But tactically he's been found wanting and continues to be so. He's learned little from the tournament defeats against Croatia or Italy.

He's wasting the riches in attacking midfield with setting up defensively and committing few players forward. 2 centrebacks, 2 fullbacks with little incentive to get forwards, 2 midfielders plus the keeper - that's 7 defensively-minded players. When Kane drops deep to get the ball, it's 8. We're set up not to lose instead of trying to win.

Passing the ball backwards and sideways in your own half will dominate possession and passing stats, but cause the opposition no trouble.

Opposing sides just need to take a chance against us, as Hungary did 10 days ago and again this evening, and that's often enough to win or draw at worst.

No goals from open play in 7 halves of football.

Southgate deserves the H/T boos.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
since i had this covid I’ve been falling asleep on and off all day.
WHY has it stopped- i really really want to, anything but watch more of that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Recover soon.

A sports injury or helping draymen over the years?

Old, very old sports injury. Second op in 8 months on the left, had the right done 5 years ago. Painful but hopefully playing golf badly very soon

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Which Premier League side would willingly replace their current manager with Southgate?

Yes, he started well and got the country behind the side. But tactically he's been found wanting and continues to be so. He's learned little from the tournament defeats against Croatia or Italy.

He's wasting the riches in attacking midfield with setting up defensively and committing few players forward. 2 centrebacks, 2 fullbacks with little incentive to get forwards, 2 midfielders plus the keeper - that's 7 defensively-minded players. When Kane drops deep to get the ball, it's 8. We're set up not to lose instead of trying to win.

Passing the ball backwards and sideways in your own half will dominate possession and passing stats, but cause the opposition no trouble.

Opposing sides just need to take a chance against us, as Hungary did 10 days ago and again this evening, and that's often enough to win or draw at worst.

No goals from open play in 7 halves of football.

Southgate deserves the H/T boos.

Southgate is useless but the players have to take some responsibility. We had way more chances than Hungary in that half. Phillips need to be subbed, he’s been awful

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
C4 bosses must be enjoying this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Aluko talking utter tripe.

“Kane lacking understandable sharpness at this stage of the season in his defending”.

Hungarian players after eg gruelling Bundesliga campaigns, look sharp.

Are we the only nation where pundits/fans keep blaming fatigue where summer internationals go pear-shaped?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Aluko talking utter tripe.

“Kane lacking understandable sharpness at this stage of the season in his defending”.

Hungarian players after eg gruelling Bundesliga campaigns, look sharp.

Are we the only nation where pundits/fans keep blaming fatigue where summer internationals go pear-shaped?

Yep it’s a bollocks excuse, some NSCers use it too though :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here