[Football] Nations League June 2022

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No you're much higher up the pyramid!

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] - I put liars in the same bracket as I do scum. Southgate is a liar, so by my definition is scum.
He has not achieved anything with the resources at his disposal. Nothing, not a jot. He has failed at every hurdle, and as soon as that disgrace of a lieing human being is nowhere near football, the better.

So I would assume all other England managers since Sir Alf are 'scum'??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He's led us to a WC semi and a Euro final and restored faith in our national team, our best manager since Sir Alf and after a 1-0 defeat our first in competitive games for 2+ years and he's being called 'scum'?? I despair.

Restored faith? Most people are not that bothered anymore with the so called England football team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] - I put liars in the same bracket as I do scum. Southgate is a liar, so by my definition is scum.
He has not achieved anything with the resources at his disposal. Nothing, not a jot. He has failed at every hurdle, and as soon as that disgrace of a lieing human being is nowhere near football, the better.

So I would assume all other England managers since Sir Alf are 'scum'??

Get a room ............................

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
For all those revelling in the sycophancy of the spongers special, one thing you must give England credit for tonight, they managed to lose to Hungary at this end of the period. Touching no?

1953 - 2022 gawd bless

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No you're much higher up the pyramid!

Dear old sloppy at the back shits the bed (again) because a, mostly peripheral, squad of tired players longing for the beach lost a friendly-replacement game. You are comedy gold on here, you never fail to make me chuckle. Keep it up man, thank you!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For all those revelling in the sycophancy of the spongers special, one thing you must give England credit for tonight, they managed to lose to Hungary at this end of the period. Touching no?

1953 - 2022 gawd bless
51st. post? Best stay on the sauce .......................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lewis Dunk. Say no more.

Too many tired players for whom this game was one match too far, i.e. Walker, James, Bellingham, Rice, Bowen. This would have been perfect for Dunk - in form, on his game, hungry.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dear old sloppy at the back shits the bed (again) because a, mostly peripheral, squad of tired players longing for the beach lost a friendly-replacement game. You are comedy gold on here, you never fail to make me chuckle. Keep it up man, thank you!

Sorry mate - can't agree with that. The **** ain't funny!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The football authorities have so much to answer for. There was a film They Shoot Horses, Don’t They about the last dancing pair surviving a marathon dance competition. What we, or some of us, saw last night was the entirely expected result of a marathon season for most of those players. You can’t expect, no matter how much you pay them, human beings to maintain a level of physical and mental fitness 24/7. All this is doing is reducing the quality of football for next season and so on. Something needs to be prioritised is this football malarkey whereby players get sufficient rest and our expectations of them reduced. What Liverpool have tried to achieve this season is just ridiculous, with their targets and type of play at odds with the health of their squad. England last night reflected what is all bad about the game, and I’m not talking about the kicking a ball about bit.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh, and if England had wanted to use the Nations League to make progress then they should have walked off when the Hungarian Family Stand booed the taking of the knee. That would have made this whole charade worth something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn’t know it was on. Watching the test match which is a lot more important.
Germany v England on Tuesday.
England v Italy on Saturday.
England v Hungary on Tuesday after that.

Plenty to put in the diary so you aren't caught out again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Remind me how many people watched the Euro Final last year on telly?

Caught up in hype as it was here and a welcome break from Covid restrictions. But compared to previous competitions, the past few have seen fewer flags on houses and cars.There was not an air of depression around the country when we lost the final, unlike losing the World Cup semi against Germany or the Euro semi in 1996. Were we in a semi with Croatia? Again, can't recall many people being too upset at the time. People will always want to watch us in a semi or final, I just think there's a lot more take it or leave it attitude.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Germany v England on Tuesday.
England v Italy on Saturday.
England v Hungary on Tuesday after that.

Plenty to put in the diary so you aren't caught out again.

Blimey, didn't realise there were 4 fixtures :facepalm:
To be fair, that's ridiculous. What's the point? Surely anyone with half a brain cell will recognise that the players aren't arsed about this set of games after the season has just ended? Who on earth thought this would be a worthwhile exercise?! I'd love to know the viewing figures of the Hungary game yesterday.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can’t we have a summer off from football?

Once upon a time, a summer with football was confined to the World Cup, Euro Championships were much smaller affairs. It was a special thing, but now it seems 'competitions' run along every year.

The powers that be seem to want to saturate us with pointless, meaningless matches that few people are into. I hope the advertisers catch on to this as the viewing figures must surely have bombed this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports