Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Be careful what you wish for, I can think of one manager who would do a much better job but I want Southgate to stay for many years to come.

The fact that I don’t care much for England helps

It would be interesting to see GP at the helm, atleast he'd be in the job on merit.

The fraudster has had a fortune of riches in choosing which players should be in the squad. He's squandered it. He's lied when he says he picks based on form, that's an insult to football fans, an outright blatant lie. He makes me sick. He's tactically inept. Lost the Euros to a poor Italian team who didn't even qualify for the WC. He is scum, and would struggle to coach at non league level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kane seems to often go AWOL for England on big(gish) occasions in the same way as Salah does for Liverpool. They're both good on their day, but ever so slightly pedestrian overall. IMHO, like

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Faroe Islands making it difficult for Turkey... quite fun to see.

Edit: Well just because of that the Turks scored... twice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dire from England. Southgate hasn't improved at coaching since the Euros, no attacking intent. Kane must be wondering what the plan is. Defensive changes when we're chasing the game?

The run in the Euros did us no favours, he flatters to deceive and it has only prolonged his stay.

Southgate is a manager who is so one dimensional that any half decent manager with good players and a plan B will beat any team he puts out. Hence we have blown the chance to win a WC and a Euros when we had an easy run to the finals and the semi finals. Yet he got showered with praise for fecking it up when it was there for the taking. As for Kane…always goes missing when the opposition are half decent, shame Son isn’t English as he’s not even half the player without him :smile:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
It would be interesting to see GP at the helm, atleast he'd be in the job on merit.

The fraudster has had a fortune of riches in choosing which players should be in the squad. He's squandered it. He's lied when he says he picks based on form, that's an insult to football fans, an outright blatant lie. He makes me sick. He's tactically inept. Lost the Euros to a poor Italian team who didn't even qualify for the WC. He is scum, and would struggle to coach at non league level.

“Scum”, “fraudster”, “he makes me sick”. I’d be interested to hear your choice of vocabulary when talking about Hitler or Putin if those are the words you use to describe a football manager.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
On the football side, I’m not overly concerned that we lost to Hungary. They were a decent outfit in the Euros and would have qualified for the knockout stages if they hadn’t been in the group of death. Southgate has such a large pool of players to choose from that he has to treat Nations League games as quasi-friendlies where team selection is concerned, or he’d never get to see half of the squad players in action. If the WC kicked off tomorrow, the likes of Bowen and Justin would be squad players at best. Our best side arguably has Trippier, Sterling, Saka, Foden, Philipps, Stones all starting. Our best XI would have comfortably beaten Hungary today.

Let’s not forget France and Belgium lost, plus Italy did the other day to Argentina. We’ve come so far that we don’t expect to lose games these days - that’s a mark of progress in itself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
First defeat to Hungary in 60 years. Southgate: you are a disgrace of a human being, a terrible coach, a liar. Step down and let someone capable do the job. Someone who deserves to be there on merit.

A semi-final, a final and 22 matches unbeaten in normal time...

Southgate is the perfect fit. Many of the most successful international managers have average CVs. This is because the key is likability and a team happy to play for you. Which England are.

Poor performance tonight. But that happens.

'Disgrace of human being'. If Southgate is that then we all are.

Grow up.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
A semi-final, a final and 22 matches unbeaten in normal time...

Southgate is the perfect fit. Many of the most successful international managers have average Cvs. This is because the key is likability and a team happy to play for you. Which England are.

Poor performance tonight. But that happens.

'Disgrace of human being'. If Southgate is that then we all are.

Grow up.

Wake up, pal. Southgate is the reason we haven't won anything. A half decent coach would have won both the WC and the Euros

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wake up, pal. Southgate is the reason we haven't won anything. A half decent coach would have won both the WC and the Euros

That's only been done twice in history.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seriously?? I'm drunk on love and emotion from the Queen's Jubilee concert but has someone just further up this thread described Southgate as 'scum'?

:nono:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Scum? As compared to Putin or Hitler (or Pol Pot or Robert Mugabe for example, for that matter) - no, not at all.

But as England football manager? - nah, not that great.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's led us to a WC semi and a Euro final and restored faith in our national team, our best manager since Sir Alf and after a 1-0 defeat our first in competitive games for 2+ years and he's being called 'scum'?? I despair.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's led us to a WC semi and a Euro final and restored faith in our national team, our best manager since Sir Alf and after a 1-0 defeat our first in competitive games for 2+ years and he's being called 'scum'?? I despair.

Gave up at "Led" ........................... some of the players he has at his disposal are quite good though. Not his fault, of course ............

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Not saying I don't have a tendency to be somewhat... extreme, but I'm not in the same league as this bloke.

No you're much higher up the pyramid!

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] - I put liars in the same bracket as I do scum. Southgate is a liar, so by my definition is scum.
He has not achieved anything with the resources at his disposal. Nothing, not a jot. He has failed at every hurdle, and as soon as that disgrace of a lieing human being is nowhere near football, the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here