Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League June 2022

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In Maguire's case, Southgate clearly isn't prepared to stick by his promise to pick on form.

Decent enough man manager and won't ever rock the boat, but has been found wanting tactically in key games.

He isn't ever likely to get the best out of our riches in attacking midfielders.

He's not even the best English manager at the moment, let alone the best option for England.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As in The Euros, we've landed on our feet with the World Cup draw.

Fine early doors, not so confident when we meet anyone any good though.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
In Maguire's case, Southgate clearly isn't prepared to stick by his promise to pick on form.

Decent enough man manager and won't ever rock the boat, but has been found wanting tactically in key games.

He isn't ever likely to get the best out of our riches in attacking midfielders.

He's not even the best English manager at the moment, let alone the best option for England.

When the sad day comes that Potter leaves, I hope it is for England. Give him time and we would win a major comp. (And it wouldn’t be so hideously awful to watch)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So, we play in Hungary behind closed doors because of a ban following racist behaviour. Only to find that there are 30,000 fans behind those closed doors - who predictably display the same behaviour for which they were banned.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I really don’t enjoy watching England under Southgate. He’s given us some great memories and can’t argue with how well we have done in last 2 competitions but it doesn’t make it any better to watch!

Utter gash isn't it. He is an FA gimp and getting away with it.

TBH it can't be easy to motivate trillionaires in a meaningless game . . . But that's irrelevant, that's why they're all there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As in The Euros, we've landed on our feet with the World Cup draw.

Fine early doors, not so confident when we meet anyone any good though.

Agreed, we had the two best opportunities to win something, failed miserably against Croatia when he started with a tired injured Kane, rather than bring him on.
And tried to hold onto an early lead against Italy, finally bringing on lambs to the slaughter to save the day, utter inept, incompetent manager with a clear lack of imagination and drive that good managers have to get you over that line.
God knows why he was picked in the first place, complete loser as a player, how’s he going to motivate anyone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hungary fans boo before the game.

England fans boo after the game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So, we play in Hungary behind closed doors because of a ban following racist behaviour. Only to find that there are 30,000 fans behind those closed doors - who predictably display the same behaviour for which they were banned.....

Which is exactly what England are doing for their next home match too. Closed doors ban for the shambles outside Wembley during the Euros and using the same loophole about giving tickets to kids (who need adult chaperones).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So who was sponsoring England's flip-flops then? Didn't notice - wasn't really paying attention (there was Test Match commentary to listen to).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I really don’t enjoy watching England under Southgate. He’s given us some great memories and can’t argue with how well we have done in last 2 competitions but it doesn’t make it any better to watch!

Utter gash isn't it. He is an FA gimp and getting away with it.

TBH it can't be easy to motivate trillionaires in a meaningless game . . . But that's irrelevant, that's why they're all there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a 90 minute walk along Herne Bay seafront this afternoon, hoofing a few pebbles on my way, and was disappointed to find that the quality of my football was only slightly worse than England's. At least I had a few shots on target. And my movement off the ball was pretty purposeful, McManamanesque, I'm I'm being very honest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

With added :vuvu:

Oh, and kids and parents booing the taking of the knee.

:facepalm:

If they had allowed a load of English kids, instead, it would have been completely different.

an-age-by-age-guide-for-when-your-kid-should-get-a-smartphone.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Have to say UEFA haven’t painted themselves with glory this week. They need to get a grip on things rather than treat the whole thing as a jolly. They have been responsible for some atrocious scenes and comment. A club with their own rules that doesn’t take responsibility.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be careful what you wish for, I can think of one manager who would do a much better job but I want Southgate to stay for many years to come.

The fact that I don’t care much for England helps

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I told you the waistcoatwanker was a fraud.

Kane should have shown some leadership and walked the team off with those knee taking boos. The waistcoatwanker should have stepped in and ordered it with that failure.

From what I saw Hungry (I know) deserved the three points or to progress to the next round.

Piss taken in every respect.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Dire from England. Southgate hasn't improved at coaching since the Euros, no attacking intent. Kane must be wondering what the plan is. Defensive changes when we're chasing the game?

The run in the Euros did us no favours, he flatters to deceive and it has only prolonged his stay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here