Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

National village cup Rottingdean CC Semi final

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Rottingdean cricket club have got through to the Semi final of the national village cup competition yesterday (the F.A Vase of Cricket) beating Mistley from Essex away by 12 runs. This is the 7th game the club have played in the competition this season of which some have been very close.

The next game is at home to Dumbleton from Gloucestershire on Sunday 7th August at the Dean. The ultimate prize for the winners is a trip to Lords on the 4th September where the final will be played.

Be great to see s many people as possible along to come and support the boys in their quest for a place in the final at lords. Everyone can expect a warm welcome. Sure a bbq will be taking place with the bar open all day available for everyone.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Live in Rottingdean and would have come along but I fly to China on the 7th, Will pass the word though.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
please do, the more support we can get the better. Going to be a great day up at the club. Hopefully get the right result and get to lords.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Went to the final a few years back when Findon Village made it there (they lost), great day at Lords.

Didn't a Sussex Cricket Club win last year's tournament?

Glynde and Beddingham. And it was a great day out at Lords.

Dale Tranter's final over ...
[yt]R0uC_TLSZT0[/yt]

Incidentally ... he owes his cricket career to me. I used to give him a lift to football training, but he was never ready. So he got an ultimatum - next time you're late, I'll stop taking you. And he was, I did, so he took up cricket instead, where he could walk to training.

And there is an excellent account of that day here:-

http://glynde.info/lordsfinal/Glynde%20and%20Beddingham%20CC%20v%20Streethouse.pdf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here