• No

Votes: 145 69.0%

• Total voters

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is it really being played, and when?
The players now walk out to GOSBTS but have to stand waiting whilst we (correctly) sing our hearts out but then continue standing whilst that stupid EPL theme song is played. Will it then be played after that? Whilst I've nothing against Charles and the royal family, this has to be the craziest idea ever.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Is it really being played, and when?
The players now walk out to GOSBTS but have to stand waiting whilst we (correctly) sing our hearts out but then continue standing whilst that stupid EPL theme song is played. Will it then be played after that? Whilst I've nothing against Charles and the royal family, this has to be the craziest idea ever.
I actually have no idea. The PL have written to all 20 clubs and suggested the idea. Some will, some won't (Liverpool) do it.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Does anyone remember when they used to play it after the last programme on BBC One and Two?

Imagine that getting suggested again? 🙈
Remember when they played it in cinemas at the end of a film & everyone stood to attention. Over time rush for the exit started to happen & it got dropped.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
As someone who's attended hundreds of sporting events in Canada throughout my life, I honestly can't abide the singing of national anthems before a game. It started in the US, at baseball games when they entered WWII; and for some reason, my country chose to imitate them by singing GSTK/Q, then O Canada ever since. In the NHL, NBA, MLB and MLS, that means we have to stand through 2 anthems most of the time. I've never cottoned to the jingoistic aspect of this forced 'tradition'. Don't misunderstand me: I'm most definitely grateful to be living in this peaceful and tolerant nation, and I'll stand up for the anthem(s) wherever it's/they're played (if only out of peer pressure) -- but it seems so hoaky and outdated. Maybe it's the Québécois in me..? The Welsh and Scots may feel the same way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here