Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Agree with the above and would add that what more people want is entertaining attacking football.

Gus loved a stylised performance but we always seemed to take our foot off the gas in the Championahip seasons (note able exceptions include Blackpool who were dire, Southampton who we had history with, and Palace when it all just clicked).

Oscar despite his desire to play attacking football it never materialised - injuries, squad depth etc but we couldn't muster much in the way of flair at any point in my eyes.

In Sami we appear to have a manager who has identified the key reason for this issue - slow transition - and is building a team capable of switching play extremely quickly.

This will win over fans, we go to be entertained, not to be bored and play percentage England style dull and ultimately easily outwit-able football.
Spot on if we can watch attacking entertaining Championship football at the Amex then our attendances will be maintained and our financial situation will be manageable,fielding a defensive side away from home giving squad players an opportunity will be useful and could give us enough points to keep a middle of the table position.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This place is so bizarre.

The Burkers spend the Summer moaning about transfers.
The Barberists spend their time moaning about money.
Bloom gets accused of arrogance.
Jones has plenty of people grinding axes.
Sami is currently on 'honeymoon' but we all know 3 consecutive defeats and the knives will be out.

Yet through it all we've had back to back play off places.
In a state of the art stadium.
The best training facility in the country.
Repeatedly the highest amount of attending fans.
The most progressive charitable concern.
A thriving junior section.
Financial compliance.

And yet it's still not enough.

At the last home game my pie was a bit cold and some one had done a tinkle on the toilet seat. Bloom, Barber and Burk out!!!!!!!!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Our pre season was a shambles, once Buckley was on strike he should have been shipped out as that sort of thing is disrupting and Ward should have been dealt with earlier. Fenelon first choice striker ahead of CMS etc against Wednesday was Hyypia telling BERK to pull his finger OUT which he did so now is the time to move on

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Its all ifs and buts. If only we'd got all our business done by July 30th. If only Crofts wasn't sent off, our manager didn't change at end of last season, Stephens and March weren't injured at season start, Coke didn't score a wonder goal for SWeds, Ward didn't have his head turned by Burnley, We didn't play poorly against Birmingham despite a half decent side...These things happen. thats football.
Bloom admits himself that Ward especially was frustrating that it didn't happen, he wished he'd 1-2 had more players in before Aug 9th, that the teams for the first two matches were winnable line ups, we didn't get all our targets (who does ?) and that he was pleased all our business was eventually done with a few days to spare...
On the other hand , we do have a decent squad now with some fantastic new players, a talented young manager and assistant manager, 7 points out of 9, we're looking good for a long cup run, and 41 games left with a good run of winnable games coming up. Whats your beef ?
What do you want to change ? Personnel ? Bloom / Barber/ Burke ?

Sounds like they are well aware of the flaws of the transfer window and the last few months.

As I said before, more than happy with squad now. Just a timing issue for me (delays in player recruitment). Also, as I said before, looks like DB now has a bit more support with the recruitment guy from Derby coming in (I said he needed support, said he would get it, and now he has it). Hopefully, we won't repeat the mistakes we made this close season with our enhanced recruitment team. So, I no longer have any 'beef'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here