Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maybe, depends on the wages. Loyalty won't come into it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nathan Jones has a very real fondness for the city and the club. He kept his flat in Brighton for long after he left the Albion and although his career took him all over the place after leaving the Valleys Brighton is the place he regards as 'home' above any other. There is perhaps a deficit of people at the club who feel that way.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You couldn't be more wrong. He's the guy in the Withdean programme who when asked if he was happy here, the very limited talent that is NJ said 'yes, until a bigger club comes in for me'

Out of interest, how many years ago was that?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Didnt stop Sammy Lee jumping ship....

No it didn't, however I don't think you can compare the two.

1, Sammy had yet to Sign officially, Nathan has a contract with us.
2, Sammy Lee has no affiliation with he Albion, Nathan does.
3, Sammy lee went to a premiership Club, Watford are competing in the same league as us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You couldn't be more wrong. He's the guy in the Withdean programme who when asked if he was happy here, the very limited talent that is NJ said 'yes, until a bigger club comes in for me'

Hence the use of 'presume'. Also, how long ago was that? Other people have grown up and matured, I'd hope has that ability too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Leaving aside whether he actually said that or not, the 'very limited talent' that is NJ - won two champions medals with Brighton, plus a play off medal.
Then as assistant manager with Yeovil, achieved play off final runner's up, followed by becoming Charlton U21's coach winning the division beating Brighton into second place.

I doubt there are very many players who achieve that in their careers.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ever since we reduced the number of Spaniards in the squad to those who could speak English he must have been looking for things to do.
Unless Watford change tack, or NJ is also fluent in Italian, I can't see him leaving. I would, however, be very surprised if he ended up in out top seat.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No it didn't, however I don't think you can compare the two.

1, Sammy had yet to Sign officially, Nathan has a contract with us.
2, Sammy Lee has no affiliation with he Albion, Nathan does.
3, Sammy lee went to a premiership Club, Watford are competing in the same league as us.

Spammy Lee had signed a contract. He could have been forced to work his notice if the club had been feeling particularly arsey.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ever since we reduced the number of Spaniards in the squad to those who could speak English he must have been looking for things to do.
Unless Watford change tack, or NJ is also fluent in Italian, I can't see him leaving. I would, however, be very surprised if he ended up in out top seat.

Why would he be looking for things to do? He takes training every day, which he is well qualified to do with UEFA B & A badges.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nathan Jones is part of the furniture at the Albion now I feel. A bit of continuity in a fast changing landscape.

He's even grown up and has an adult's hair style now I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here