Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It feels like I have to try hard to like the Albion generally of late, and I don't mean in an old football/new football kind of way.

So many of the bonds seem to have been broken of late, only to be replaced by things and people that have little or no concern for our history.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
My love for the Albion has started to dwindle over the last six months to a year. It has absolutely nothing to do with our performance on the pitch but more, as several people have mentioned, that we are now seen as paying customers rather than loyal fans.

The constant attempts to make money, save money (hiding behind FFP), cut services, and patronising club communications are really starting to grate with me. No matter how we are doing on the pitch, my feelings will remain the same until the club begin to bridge and repair the gap that has appeared between themselves and the fans.

We need to get back to our roots (and yes, that is possible while still being financially competitive).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I tend to think there's a limbo inbetwixt eras where we're neither dead or alive and as much as we repeat behaviour, sort of like the roaming and idling part-slain from Dawn of the Dead, we need to be enlivened by a new sense of identity. At present we're a shadow of our former selves, a tad without impetus or flair, and there seems to be a slight lifelessness in the squad, that runs through the squad, filtering into the crowd, and rebounding back as pressure. It does just need one event to counter this run of bad feeling, and for all we know that could come in the shape of a victory on Monday night. With such a result, we could have a formed starting XI and an unquestionable and uncrackable spine to a team that's ever-changing.
At the minute we seem without unity with pitch to stands, and i tend to feel we need our front man to step forward and say, with all the positivity in the world, that we are moving toward being a club and team of stature with the flairite expression we got occasionally used to with a new style that we intend to kick ass with. No more excuses for fumbles and failures. We're this. And then maybe we have the chance to go fully along with that.
I have faith. But not the greatest hope, and i think we need to have that delivered to us to feed off of.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
My love for the Albion died a little bit when we left Withdean. I've only ever known us to be fighting for something and having ramshackle facilities.

Stupid, I know.

Likewise, I couldn't quite understand my own feelings on this, particularly having spent so long dreaming of Falmer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Club should really be aware of this . Posters on here are mostly brighton in their blood fans through thick and thin and the number questioning things is a real concern.

If the hardcore have these feelings then imagine the feelings from the new supporters we've gained.

If things plod along with the issues raised here not addressed then I dread to think what the renewal rate will be next year.

Then what ? Barber won't lower the prices , he'd probably go off to another project and his job of maximising would be complete.

Of course a winning team covers all this up but this thread is very real and I hope the club are noting it .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
My love for the Albion has started to dwindle over the last six months to a year. It has absolutely nothing to do with our performance on the pitch but more, as several people have mentioned, that we are now seen as paying customers rather than loyal fans.

The constant attempts to make money, save money (hiding behind FFP), cut services, and patronising club communications are really starting to grate with me. No matter how we are doing on the pitch, my feelings will remain the same until the club begin to bridge and repair the gap that has appeared between themselves and the fans.

We need to get back to our roots (and yes, that is possible while still being financially competitive).

I know that there are people inside the club who aware of this and one person at least is trying hard to make it possible to bridge the gap between what we might call the old and new BHA. It may need some egos on each side of the gap to climb down a bit, so it will probably take time ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Club should really be aware of this . Posters on here are mostly brighton in their blood fans through thick and thin and the number questioning things is a real concern.

If the hardcore have these feelings then imagine the feelings from the new supporters we've gained.

If things plod along with the issues raised here not addressed then I dread to think what the renewal rate will be next year.

Then what ? Barber won't lower the prices , he'd probably go off to another project and his job of maximising would be complete.

Of course a winning team covers all this up but this thread is very real and I hope the club are noting it .

I think the new supporters are less likely to be concerned with all this as they don't remember the way things were. And if those 20,000 or so aren't worried, then maybe the club aren't either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its all gone Corporate maybe if we have to struggle to stay in the championship things might change
I am afraid the suits have moved into football

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the new supporters are less likely to be concerned with all this as they don't remember the way things were. And if those 20,000 or so aren't worried, then maybe the club aren't either.

Quite.

Also I have just started taking my son. However much the club distances itself from me I will still take him as the alternative is having an armchair Man U or Arsenal fan in the family (or possibly even a Palace fan - the horror). So a small part of me wants not to renew next season but another part knows me and my mate will be going from 2 season tickets to 4. I suspect Mr Barber factors exactly this sort of thing in to his income projections.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My love for the Albion died a little bit when we left Withdean. I've only ever known us to be fighting for something and having ramshackle facilities.

Stupid, I know.

Very much with you

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
To me, we got stuck in between two approaches. We were successful to a point before using Spanish style flair. Signing players like Vicente, Ulloa, David Lopez, Bruno, Orlandi.
I believe Bloom really likes that approach hence the choice of Oscar Garcia. However, there is another approach which says you need seasoned championship players, coaches and managers. Not imports.
So the players we have signed are Andrews, Agustien, Ward, Lita, Conway.

Jones is supposed to be the link between the desire to play OG's way with Championship style players.

Just a quick edit to note that something isn't working.
I think we should be back OG with his type of players, or get a forward thinking British manager.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This season does seem a bit flat, I had a little lift with the announcement of O.G but then went flat again week's later, at least with Nathan Jones he is keeping us update more but the problem again its all negative and yes the results has added to it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, I'm in the camp of those who have lost their mojo. This isn't new. There was a thread a week or so back asking if others were more carefree about this season, a month or two back Edna mentioned losing her mojo in another thread.

I know it's not exclusive to long term fans, two of my friends only started coming when we moved to the Amex, one of them has yet to go to a game is year (despite being a season ticket holder - renewed because the rest of us did), the other has only been to two. They just don't have any enthusiasm for it and aren't likely to renew next year even if I do.

But I've been like this before, where my mojo wanes for a season or two before coming back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here