Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones turns down Macaabi

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He just comes across as an un-likeable person. His whole persona in interviews is an air of "why are you bothering me" "why do i have to be here" etc.
He never seems happy to talk to the media which is strange for some who was supposed to be the spokesperson for the manager (OG)

Interesting. I've never got this impression - he always seems pretty articulate, passionate and enthusiastic in interviews I've heard. Do you have any proof whatsoever for this or is this just your opinion based on your pre-existing problem with him?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We used to have neighbours who had a daughter. When she turned 18 they had a big party for her, a big tent in the back garden, loud music til late in the evening. We weren't particularly friendly (or unfriendly) with them (the house is rented privately and appears to have high turnover, now it's mostly students, so we don't really connect with our neighbours).

They knew it would be loud and intrusive so invited us out of courtesy. We understood that was why they were inviting us. They didn't really want us there and we knew they were only inviting us out of politeness, they invited us knowing we'd turn it down but did so as a courtesy. We declined the invitation, gave them a present and 'suffered' the disturbance for one night.

Sometimes invitations are made just to be polite, with everyone involved knowing it and playing their part in the courtesy charade.

Nice try, do you want to go for a beer?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We used to have neighbours who had a daughter. When she turned 18 they had a big party for her, a big tent in the back garden, loud music til late in the evening. We weren't particularly friendly (or unfriendly) with them (the house is rented privately and appears to have high turnover, now it's mostly students, so we don't really connect with our neighbours).

They knew it would be loud and intrusive so invited us out of courtesy. We understood that was why they were inviting us. They didn't really want us there and we knew they were only inviting us out of politeness, they invited us knowing we'd turn it down but did so as a courtesy. We declined the invitation, gave them a present and 'suffered' the disturbance for one night.

Sometimes invitations are made just to be polite, with everyone involved knowing it and playing their part in the courtesy charade.

I have nothing against Nathan Jones, have no idea if this is the case in this instance, but I tend to be cynical about whatever comes out from the argus/the club/nsc so that was my initial thought - nice story makes him seem loyal, makes him seem desirable to fight the feeling among some in the fan base questioning his worth.

The unlikeliness of the invite IMO, lends me to believe your post is very plausible. ???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Interesting. I've never got this impression - he always seems pretty articulate, passionate and enthusiastic in interviews I've heard. Do you have any proof whatsoever for this or is this just your opinion based on your pre-existing problem with him?

Proof of what? Do you have any proof of your impression he is pretty articulate, passionate and enthusiastic in interviews you've heard?

Where do you get idea of an pre-existing problem with him? i knew nothing about him or even knew he existed before he joined the Albion.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I was told by someone who knows his agent that he left because he wanted to play more regularly instead of being on the bench.

He did want more football same as when he was under poyet he was also pissed off Bridge, ward, upson were more money and playing time but he signed a contract extension , then jones appeared and it waas the straw on the camels back

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He did want more football same as when he was under poyet he was also pissed off Bridge, ward, upson were more money and playing time but he signed a contract extension , then jones appeared and it waas the straw on the camels back

They didn't seem to have any problems with each other before Jonah went to Yeovil.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm not anti Jones for one second but I don't think the Albion are the only reason he has decided not to move to Israel at the moment!

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
It wasn't just that thought was it, he was at all game and generally being a nauseating prick along with all the other games against us.
Once he left us he showed no affinity with the Albion, never had a good word to say about us unlike most players that have moved onto other clubs.
He just comes across as an un-likeable person. His whole persona in interviews is an air of "why are you bothering me" "why do i have to be here" etc.
He never seems happy to talk to the media which is strange for some who was supposed to be the spokesperson for the manager (OG)

He didn't cover himself in glory and probably regrets it. Is he the first person to do something stupid and should we hold it against him for the rest of his career with us?

You can look at his attitude of hating the club for a number of reasons. One could be that he loved it down here and was gutted when he left (my memory is not good on this but I seem to recall McGee didn't seem to be a fan of his style of play). Perhaps he was bitter towards the club because he didn't want to go and was jealous of the clubs success without him.

Obviously this is just a guess but if he really didn't like the club then why come back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here