Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones NOT going to Argyle

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Who's got the job?

Local press reporting Derek Adams.

I know, I had to look him up too when his name first appeared.

On face value his record with Ross County seems impressive, dig deeper and it all gets a bit mucky.

Good luck to you guys for the season ahead, I'm off to commiserate with my mate the beer glass :salute:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Signed or stole? :whistle:

(just kiddin', we were ripe for a mugging in our position at the time)

I guess we did mug you for young Walton.

Barnes, tbf, you didn't seem fussed to keep. That lad has been woefully under-appreciated throughout his career.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thank GOD, at least we will have a decent manager to get us out of the trouble when Hughton inevitably gets BINNED off mid November.

He'll be gone long before December. If he applied for the Plymouth job he is after a better job than his demotion at the Albion has given him.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Latest from Jones.

[tweet]608962439644901376[/tweet]

He's hardly likely to tweet that he's gutted is he? He is not a moron!! :smile:

Anyway I like him so hope he does decide to stay.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If he stays here, NJ will be our next manager, unless CH gets us up, in which case moving from coach to first time, first team manager, of a Prem side, might seem too big a gamble, even for Tony.

If he leaves us to be manager elsewhere, I think he would be in with a good shout of the job next time it becomes available, whatever division we are in. I felt that from the moment he was appointed that it was with a long term view of eventual succession of the Manager.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well unlike you, I have always found it difficult to take to Nathan, other than when he played. But I do love his loyalty, perhaps I should try harder.....:kiss:

For two seasons he has been the only passion I have seen from the touchline, until Hughton banned him from standing in the technical area. I know passion isn't everything and I liked Oscar but I must confess to liking managerial staff to show some emotion. For this reason alone I like him! I'm shallow like that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If he was to leave, CH would have probably replaced him with John Trollope so lets stick with NJ we at least know what we have.

He's 71, there might be concerns on his fitness to work in such a high pressure role. We'd probably go for his son, Paul, instead. Since Paul has history of working with Chris Hughton and all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here