Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Narrowing down the search

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The interesting word for me is "foreign". All the names that have been mentioned - Hughton, Sherwood, Clement, Lennon, Mowbray, Mackay, Clarke, Howe etc are British (unless London-born Hughton is being called foreign). That implies that a Zola, Di Matteo - or even Rangnick is possibly on the shortlist

Would they count Billy Davies as foreign ? :ohmy:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Interesting. Three things jump out for me:

1) given PB says that "initial" meetings will now take place, the implication is that no meetings have so far happened. Hmmm.

2) David Burke is notable by his name not being among the interviewers, at least for the "initial" interviews.

3) PB confirms that at least one "coach" (as well as "managers") is on the short list. Not too many of them have been on the list of credible candidates debated on here.
I think you're reading far too much into the statement. It's hardly surprising 'meetings' haven't taken place yet there could well have been extensive discussions with one or more specific candidate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Burke is NOT in a position above the manager, at best he is equal to the manager in some regards. Why on earth would he be interviewing for what is essentially his future boss?

PB, DB and the manager all report directly to TB.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think you're reading far too much into the statement. It's hardly surprising 'meetings' haven't taken place yet there could well have been extensive discussions with one or more specific candidate.

phone calls and e-mails spring to mind.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The interesting word for me is "foreign". All the names that have been mentioned - Hughton, Sherwood, Clement, Lennon, Mowbray, Mackay, Clarke, Howe etc are British (unless London-born Hughton is being called foreign). That implies that a Zola, Di Matteo - or even Rangnick is possibly on the shortlist

Yep. That's also interesting...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Foreign you say? - I think its a clue to say that they might not be Uk based.

That cuts it down a bit

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I assume these meetings will take place at our ground or do you think they will try and avoid the masses camped out to catch a glimpse of potential candidates?

I've heard that Ernest is already ensconced under a table at The Cliftonville hoping that TB will discard his slices of bacon into a bowl of SAUCE whilst they're holding early morning talks.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I assume these meetings will take place at our ground or do you think they will try and avoid the masses camped out to catch a glimpse of potential candidates?

Grand Hotel. Billy Davies has arrived already.

$T2eC16F,!y0E9s2S5WbIBR2lorP)BQ~~60_35.JPG

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Feels like they've been waiting for the Champions League final to get out the way before interviewing so they can speak to Clement. If not, why post this update on a Sunday evening less than 24 hours after the final?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Burke is NOT in a position above the manager, at best he is equal to the manager in some regards. Why on earth would he be interviewing for what is essentially his future boss?

Your last hypothesis is rendered inaccurate by your first, albeit that too lacks accuracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here