Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nandos is(n't) coming to Worthing

Nandos is coming to Worthing

It's going to replace the Wetherspoons on Chapel Road.

Which wetherspoons pub on chapel road though!

Only in worthing can you have the novelty of two wetherspoons on opposite sides of the road from each other!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmm now word is it bollocks. Oh well at least Nandos won't threaten to sue me......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
when will people realise nandos is shit

use terrible cuts of chicken and the nandos sauce/dressing is SO average

its shit fast food dressed up for idiots

Correct – I'm baffled why people like it. Ridiculously expensive for poor fast food.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He didn't say others aren't allowed to like it, just that it has (correctly) surprised him that its taking s long time for people to realise Nando's is utter shit - which it factually is.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Correct – I'm baffled why people like it. Ridiculously expensive for poor fast food.

It is a step up from McDonalds/Burger King and my kids absolutely love it (thanks for that Kazengaeeeeeee). Nandos gift vouchers work a treat,they are delighted to receive them and they don't then need to nag me to take them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is a step up from McDonalds/Burger King and my kids absolutely love it (thanks for that Kazengaeeeeeee). Nandos gift vouchers work a treat,they are delighted to receive them and they don't then need to nag me to take them.

It costs about double McD's so should be a big step up, but I don't agree that it is.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You lot realise it's just chicken, don't you.
Not even different types of chicken dishes, it's just chicken.

Been once, looked at the menu, looked again and again.
It wasn't until I'd worked out they could have written it on the back of a stamp, did it occur to me Nando's is a one trick pony.

I put the menu down and ordered chicken.

So much this..

I have been once, didn't get the fuss, highly unlikely to go back. My eldest son went with his mates and loved it but that may have been due to being with mates and seeing BHA footballers in there. Each to their own.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Well I like it, don't go very often but when we do I always enjoy it, seems to be pretty popular too as there is always queues of people and tables all full so it can't be all bad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its alright for what it is. Quite happy to go there once a month on a work lunch or similar. Hardly worth gushing over though.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Heard so many good things about the place but was massively disappointed when I went to eat there, especially given the hefty price. Might be tempted to go back for another try but not holding my breath.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
"Nando's uses indoor-reared chickens, which are sourced from the UK, with the exception of some of the chicken breast fillets. Nando's chickens are housed in sawdust-bedded, well-ventilated barns and they have constant access to food and water. They are fed non-GM feed and are free from antibiotic growth promoters. "

those saying it doesnt taste good are probably addicted to all the additives they get in their chicken elsewhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Heard so many good things about the place but was massively disappointed when I went to eat there, especially given the hefty price. Might be tempted to go back for another try but not holding my breath.

HEFTY price ? No different to many chains. Wagamamas, Pizza Express etc?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
"Nando's uses indoor-reared chickens, which are sourced from the UK, with the exception of some of the chicken breast fillets. Nando's chickens are housed in sawdust-bedded, well-ventilated barns and they have constant access to food and water. They are fed non-GM feed and are free from antibiotic growth promoters. "

those saying it doesnt taste good are probably addicted to all the additives they get in their chicken elsewhere.

what about that sounds GOOD? id rather have free-range corn-fed chicken over that essentially battery-farm stuff anyday, plus the breast is the exception? most of their burgers and wraps USE breast.....

my previous post about poor quality chicken stands, its just putting lipstick on a bulldog

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here