Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name your Local

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
s.stubbs said:
The Romans,Southwick:drink:
Lucky get - it's five miles from my house.

My closest are The Stanmer Park at Fiveways (no thanks), The Cleveland in next to Blakers Park, which is being taken over by White Van Men, who have made their way across from... the Preston Park Tavern (no thanks). Failing that, it's the Open House, which, despite having music that would make your ears bleed, I popped into last night for last orders and found the place was packed with wall-to-wall student totty.

After work, it's usually the Regency, which is now a Shephered Neame pub (boooo!). If I'm feeling poncy, I'll take the missus for a glass of wine at the Coach House in Middle Street, or The Tin Drum on Fiveways.

On the odd occasion, I'll head off to Lewes, forlornly wishing I could bump into a Lewes District Councillor, or better still, the local MP in a dark alley, before going on to the Lewes Arms, where my step-daughter works.

Note to self: spend more time in pubs which serve Harvey's

There, think that covers everywhere.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
None ! As I don't drink now I can't see any point in paying a ridicilous amount for a soft drink. Also, smoke gets to me but rather than expecting smokers to accomodate me I don't bother.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sharpthorne Social Club when at home as most of the pubs around here concentrate on food and aren't that keen on local trade. When in the Smoke, it's the Eagle Ale House just off Northcote Road, SW11, or the Beehive up St John's Hill. They and the Falcon are the only traditional boozers left in the area. At work, it's the Barley Mow on Horseferry Road, or the Speaker on Perkin's Rents. The boss doesn't go in those:drink:

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Statto,

Does the guy who loves lions still run the Wilmington? I used to drink in there many years ago and then the pub got all tarted up, with lions everwhere and a red pool table. Started drinking in The Snipe instead - better fruit machine and less oldies! Is the Snipe still here?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
North East Seagull said:
Statto,

Does the guy who loves lions still run the Wilmington? I used to drink in there many years ago and then the pub got all tarted up, with lions everwhere and a red pool table. Started drinking in The Snipe instead - better fruit machine and less oldies! Is the Snipe still here?

Yeah I think so mate. Is his name Dave Day by any chance? never met the bloke but i have heard about him. There are two golden lions outside the entrance, so I would think he is still involved. The pool table is still there (and still red). The snipe is still going but has had more owners recently than iv'e had hot dinners. There was a fire there a couple of years back. Don't drink in there much. Not my sort of place.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the weald, burgess hill - a whole 20 second walk away:drink:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
newhaven conservative club, cheap beer

aand ill be there in 30 mins:drink:

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
The Selsey Arms in West Dean

sarmspic.jpg

or Singleton
thepartridgeinn0ek.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

D

Deleted User X18H

Crown and Anchor, Brewey Tap, The Station or the Dyke Tavern for me but we frequent the Prestonville mostly

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
The Golden Lion or The North Star
:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here