Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name one band...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Foo fighters 4th ALbum was One by One which is widely regarded as one of their worst and in fact if it wasn't for a couple of good singles would have been completely forgotten. IMO Wasting Light is far superior to that. Granted there was a bit of a blip with Echo, Silence, PAtience and Grace which was average.

Biffy Clyro released Puzzle as their 4th Album which probably as an album has some of the strongest songs but as a complete package they have grown into their sound and live they are second to none now whereas a few years ago they weren't quite there, the certainly aren't a pale version of anyone.

All opinions innit. I loved One By One (metacritic scores from users and critics don't back up your argument, OBO is down as the 2nd most popular FF album ever and I remember it being hugely popular) and perhaps my tastes have just moved on as I find FF very bland nowadays, would much rather listen to QOTSA. And my favourite Biffy album is Infinityland by an absolute mile. SO much creativity, invention and personality on one album. They haven't come anywhere near it since.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Nine Inch Nails for me. Pretty Hate Machine was a decent debut album with a lot of filler. With the exception of The Slip every album since has been an improvement on the last IMO, culminating in the latest album which is a masterpiece.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
All opinions innit. I loved One By One and perhaps my tastes have just moved on as I find FF very bland nowadays, would much rather listen to QOTSA. And my favourite Biffy album is Infinityland by an absolute mile. SO much creativity, invention and personality on one album. They haven't come anywhere near it since.

Glitter and Trauma is my fav Biffy track but fav album is Only Revolutions, it just works for me as a complete album.

Can't say a bad word about QOTSA or in fact anything Josh Homme turns his hand to really.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Opinions eh? I'm totally the opposite - good start and a decline to drudgery. Having said that I was a big fan of Homme's pre QOTSA band Kyuss so I suspect this might cloud my judgement.

Their latest is one of the best albums of the last 15 years IMO. His lyrics are SO good nowadays. They are a VERY different animal to Kyuss/early QOTSA now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nine Inch Nails for me. Pretty Hate Machine was a decent debut album with a lot of filler. With the exception of The Slip every album since has been an improvement on the last IMO, culminating in the latest album which is a masterpiece.

This is a good shout. Love everything Reznor puts out nowadays, he's a genius and absolute master of the recording studio. (I even quite liked The Slip)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

So it doesn't quite work, which is what makes this question so damn hard.

Also I can't quite see The Fragile as better than The Downward Spiral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here