Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Name a unique or random thing that has happened at this football club

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
We had to play a home game against Brentford at their Griffin Park because pot holes had begun to appear on the Withdean pitch.

Which means that I have watched us play home matches in five different stadia.
I can boast six then if watching the reserves playing home games at Woodside Road for a few seasons counts :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How it took so long in this thread to get to that fact is a mystery.

And being the only Southern League club to ever win the Charity Shield.
I did think that myself when posting!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Do you mean the Friday night monsoon at home to Rochdale?
Jesus Christ, I remember that. I have never been more wet and miserable in my life. You know the “you can’t catch a cold from being cold/wet” that people pedal? I still think that’s absolute bollocks. I had the worst cold in my life after that game.

Absolutely f***ing insane

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Turning up for the first game of the season vs Wolves at the goldstone and finding the north stand roof had gone
and there was no half price admission in the North so all the U16s much to our displeasure got marched down to a short lived “yoof area” (can’t remember the actual terminology) at the southern end of the East. We made a bit of noise though.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Jesus Christ, I remember that. I have never been more wet and miserable in my life. You know the “you can’t catch a cold from being cold/wet” that people pedal? I still think that’s absolute bollocks. I had the worst cold in my life after that game.

Absolutely f***ing insane
I remember that evening my brother texting me for updates whilst catching the sunshine in Cuba. My fingers were too cold to reply.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Getting a player in on a free transfer then selling him 3 weeks later for £125,000 without him playing a game for the club
Who was this? I really should know but can’t recall…

Remember Mark Wright leaving very, very soon after getting him but sure he played for us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Who was this? I really should know but can’t recall…

Remember Mark Wright leaving very, very soon after getting him but sure he played for us.
Paul Holsgrove - signed by Nobby Horton on a free, sold to Hibs the same transfer window for £113k without playing a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here