Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Name a unique or random thing that has happened at this football club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Paul Holsgrove - signed by Nobby Horton on a free, sold to Hibs the same transfer window for £113k without playing a game.
Ah bit before my time - didn’t know that one.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
First club to have a player with his nob hanging out in the Squad photo featured in a national magazine.

Not to be confused with a load of nobs hanging out in the Squad photo, which is essentially the Crystal Palace team picture at the start of every season.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Experienced the same level of outrage at losing their bottle tops as losing their ground.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
edit - indeed they did. Unless you count the orange stripe.

1672329112068.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unless it's been broken since Oct 2018, we hold the Premier League record for the oldest pair to combine for a goal

Murray (35 years and 32 days) scoring from a Bruno (38 years and 25 days) cross.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
83/84 season we had three Young's in our squad

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The only Club to have employed a manager (Brian Clough) who once scored 5 goals against them in their record league defeat (Middlesbrough 0-9 1958) . I think :D

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not sure it's unique, not heard of it elsewhere, but it's not likely to be publicised. We once had a player unavailable because of injury, self inflicted through a personal male grooming accident, unclear whether a razor or depilatory cream was to blame. At the time, I heard it was depilatory cream causing his nuts to swell up badly.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The only Club to have employed a manager (Brian Clough) who once scored 5 goals against them in their record league defeat (Middlesbrough 0-9 1958) . I think :D
I was chatting to an older gentleman at a Darlington game last season.
Quite how much older he was became apparent when he told me he first heard of Brighton when Brian Clough [and I'm fully expecting him to say "became your manager" at this point] scored 5 against us in a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here