Nahki Wells

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You'd rather Vetokele, who has 12 in 57 at this level, than Nahki Wells who scored 17 in 39 last season?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is remarkable that somebody who has watched football for as long as you have claimed to, can still know so little about it. It's actually impressive.

If you read wiki it shows 11 in 57 games but if you read the write up on hjs time at Charlton it shows 12 goals first season and 11 in 33 last season. If the 57 games is correct that represents 23 in 57 games which is approx 1 every 2.5 games or if fit 19 goals a season. Thats to be sneezed at !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can honestly say Wells doesn't do anything for me.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agreed. Hughton has suggested he's after a number 10, for what it's worth I completely agree, but a LOT of our fans are still expecting a marquee striker signing.
I agree. .....Hemed will bag more goals than last season. Maybe 20.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed. Hughton has suggested he's after a number 10, for what it's worth I completely agree, but a LOT of our fans are still expecting a marquee striker signing.

He always likes players who can play in that position but he wants someone who is adaptable enough in that position that he can get beyond the strikers as well, so I wouldn't rule out a striker who drops a bit deeper or a midfielder who gets forward. I have a feeling it will be the former as opposed to the latter.

I have no doubt that there will be someone brought in and it will be a decent money signing. I think the Pritchard bid made it clear that we haven't reached the budget that has been made available to Chris in this window.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He always likes players who can play in that position but he wants someone who is adaptable enough in that position that he can get beyond the strikers as well, so I wouldn't rule out a striker who drops a bit deeper or a midfielder who gets forward. I have a feeling it will be the former as opposed to the latter.

I have no doubt that there will be someone brought in and it will be a decent money signing. I think the Pritchard bid made it clear that we haven't reached the budget that has been made available to Chris in this window.

Any ideas who Chris might have in mind?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If you read wiki it shows 11 in 57 games but if you read the write up on hjs time at Charlton it shows 12 goals first season and 11 in 33 last season. If the 57 games is correct that represents 23 in 57 games which is approx 1 every 2.5 games or if fit 19 goals a season. Thats to be sneezed at !

Look through Charltons results from last season and highlight the 11 league goals he scored. No, seriously, go and have a look through their fixtures and come and tell what teams he scored those 11 goals against. I'll wait.

:whistle:

It's okay, I accept your apology.

Apart from one good month for Charlton where he scored 5 in 6 he has been shithouse at this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Look through Charltons results from last season and highlight the 11 league goals he scored. No, seriously, go and have a look through their fixtures and come and tell what teams he scored those 11 goals against. I'll wait.

:whistle:

It's okay, I accept your apology.

Apart from one good month for Charlton where he scored 5 in 6 he has been shithouse at this level.

I dont know just quoting Wiki.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Clinical finish versus Newcastle yesterday would still be a strong addition in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports