Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] N1F (Burnley)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Haven't you had your 7th booster? Got to have the 7th one! The 1-6 do not stop infection, death or transmission but the 7th one might.
Yeah, I guess we'll have to stay locked down until they get it right.

Oh.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, vulnerable people are and were sent free test packs earlier this year.
Yep, so the majority aren’t….……post-vax the shift has rightly moved from ‘protect everyone’ to the vulnerable needing to manage their risks so the less vulnerable can go about their business. I wouldn’t go to work or, say, visit my old mum with a bad cold or cough any more than I would with Covid, but if I felt OK then there are things I would do - going to football is one of them. I wouldn’t test now unless I had symptoms and had to go into a setting where I knew there were vulnerable people (very good example yesterday as I had a Trustee Board meeting at the residential school for severely disabled children where a covid outbreak would be potentially disastrous - one board member didn’t attend due to not wanting to spread germs) and even then, I don’t think we have any kits left at home anyway.

BHANSC

May 10, 2022
For reasons, I know for a fact the only place I could have contracted Covid in the last couple of days is because some selfish twat decided to go to this game with the disease.

Thanks for ruining tonight's game for me. I hope you're happy. :mad:
You must live a sheltered life if the only place you are around people is at Brighton games

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yup. This is the first time I've opened my test pack and only the 2nd time of catching it.
Out of interest, what would you have done differently if it had been negative? Would you be going tonight if you had flu or a stinking cold?

Hope you feel better soon.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
For reasons, I know for a fact the only place I could have contracted Covid in the last couple of days is because some selfish twat decided to go to this game with the disease.

Thanks for ruining tonight's game for me. I hope you're happy. :mad:
Bit harsh. They probably didn’t realize. Besides, COVID is just something we have to live with now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I have managed to avoid it completely so far although when a kid never caught anything from my sister such as measles, chicken pox etc. despite being forced to be near her to get it out of the way for my parents benefit presumably so maybe I'm immune?
Or, you’re an advanced AI biological cyborg that thinks you’re human?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Something like that, moreorless, I don't go out and WFH most days and haven't left the house since Monday.

There are any number of ways you may have contracted it, and maybe the person who gave it to you was unaware they had it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i think that they were all male in thomas the tank engine ?
IMG_6512.jpeg

Was ’Emily’ transitioning ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In which case are they also testing for flu and the common cold? Surely they , particularly flu, are just as ‘dangerous’ ?
Generally, it's the elderly who die from seasonal flu, but the deaths from covid are rising in the middle aged.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Generally, it's the elderly who die from seasonal flu, but the deaths from covid are rising in the middle aged.

Not something I’ve seen reported anywhere I’d trust. I would say the obesity epidemic in this country has far more to do with increases in early deaths for middle aged and looking at the size of the average person in the street it’s only going to get worse, Covid or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here