Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My thanks to the club on a great effort with the Young Seagulls Club!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I would like to express my sons appreciation of the response he has had from the club since he became a member of the Young Seagulls. In the last year he has received a free ticket to Withdean, invitations to the xmas party and to watch the team train. Today he received a parcel from the club for his birthday containing a birthday card, signed photo of Gary Dicker, £2 voucher in the shop and a first team replica shirt. Add to this the fact the Young Seagulls is free and I also got my ticket for free when he attended the game, this is an excellent effort by the club.

Living in Surrey has been a challenge for me keeping him from jumping on the Premiership band wagon but we now have a 7 year old who is more than happy to wear the stripes at school and in the local park and when asked who he supports he proudly replies Seagulls.

Its enough to bring a tear to a Dads eye and I thank the club for their sterling efforts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
These are very good gestures that will definitely improve the fan base.

Mini is still a Junior Seagull and STH however Junior is a bit to old for this now as 18.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
well done Lethargic, sounds like you have been anything but lethargic towards steering your son in the right direction.

seems to be a fair number of albionites in surrey, i know a few redhill/reigate way

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I would like to express my sons appreciation of the response he has had from the club since he became a member of the Young Seagulls. In the last year he has received a free ticket to Withdean, invitations to the xmas party and to watch the team train. Today he received a parcel from the club for his birthday containing a birthday card, signed photo of Gary Dicker, £2 voucher in the shop and a first team replica shirt. Add to this the fact the Young Seagulls is free and I also got my ticket for free when he attended the game, this is an excellent effort by the club.

Living in Surrey has been a challenge for me keeping him from jumping on the Premiership band wagon but we now have a 7 year old who is more than happy to wear the stripes at school and in the local park and when asked who he supports he proudly replies Seagulls.

Its enough to bring a tear to a Dads eye and I thank the club for their sterling efforts.

Couldn't agree more.

My kids have been really impressed with everything from YS.

My lad can't wait for Saturday - will be the last game at Withdean for me & him!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My family has also benefited from some of this to date (also in Surrey), it has been a great effort from the club and very much appreciated.

If they now have 13,000 members, it does occur to me how all/many of those kids are going to be able to get in, should there be just 900 available. Presumably some will already be allocated in family/other areas with STs, but not all. The family area is sold out (according to posts on here, anyway), so maybe there will be some provision during the season for Junior Seagulls in that other allocated area for comps/staff/community? It would be a shame having done all that great work if the carrot of actually watching the match was not widely available. Clearly it's not easy to keep everyone happy, but this does seem an important group.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
well done Lethargic, sounds like you have been anything but lethargic towards steering your son in the right direction.

seems to be a fair number of albionites in surrey, i know a few redhill/reigate way

It is my duty as father to ensure my son is brought up right. Now if I can only persued the wife to move to Sussex my mission will be complete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here