Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Last Night at the Amex

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
No, I'm not one of the boo boys who has had enough of Gus.

I couldn't get a ticket for the Birmingham match this Saturday and as we can no longer qualify for the play-offs then last night's match v Watford was my last of the season. I'm moving to Lincolnshire in May so I guess it will be some time before I can get to another game at the Amex. Doncaster would have been my nearest Championship club but with them being relegated it looks like I may have to travel to Nottingham and/or one of both Sheffield teams (if they get promoted) next season for my BHA fix.

I have really enjoyed going to the Amex. I think the ground is fantastic with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room. I'm no spring chicken so these things are important. I like the pies. Never had a bad one and never had bad service from the staff either. I use the Mill Road Park & Ride and this is usually fine (although there seemed to be a lot more traffic pre-match last night, or was that just me?). I think the programme is pretty good too, and compares very well with those I have seen from other clubs. I would like to see some shelters for the post-match bus queues; it was chuffin' cold last night and I really felt it (yes, I know, buy a warmer coat!). My only concern about the Amex expansion is that getting to and from the ground may become more difficult (Mill Road seems to be at bursting point with the current capacity).

I think the group of players we have is really exciting and has great potential. Some of the youngsters that have played look like great prospects too. These are great times to be an Albion fan.

I think we have had a great season and am looking forward to visiting again in the not-too-distant future.

Seagulls! :D:D:D

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
You summed it up near the end there. These are great times to be an Albion fan. Was my last match for the season, and despite the frustrations, I am reflecting on a season that has exceeded expectation. New stadium, decent football to watch (mostly), Harvey's on tap, decent pies, amazing atmosphere. This was a massive season for the Albion, and an important one in the club's history. To think we nearly made the play offs as well? Blimey

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
You won't fit in around here with some of that positivity. I'd tone it down a bit. Perhaps make more of the lack of bus shelters. That would be a good start

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Excellent post tweenster, thank you for your positivity, I hope you enjoy the flatlands that are Lincolnshire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here