Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My journey around The Amex

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I do not have a season ticket, partly due to my health and I am buying tickets for each match as we go along and this means I am getting to experience different parts of the stadium, so far and the next few matches

Reading pre-season Lower East (front row)
Barnsley New Upper East
Sheff Wed West Stand 1901 full corporate experience including meal and extras
Birmingham North Stand

I guess most people here have a season ticket, do you prefer to sit in the same seat for every match or would you like to try other stands and other views?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Very happy with my panoramic view from WSU and although being close to the action can be nice on occasion, I wouldn't want to move.

The atmosphere is also pretty good despite the nay-sayers who keep having a pop at us!

That said, I might have a go elsewhere for one of the cup games (if we get one this season) just to try a different perspective.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have season tickets in East Lower just level with the edge of the D of the south penalty box which is pretty good and I have also sat in West Upper on a couple of occassions and once in the middle tier. Must admit I wouldn't mind giving other views a go and maybe do a swop with others from time to time. I might be bringing some of the kids down for the Birmingham game and if so I will get some south stand seats and let them use my tickets.

My ideal seats on a permanent basis if and when they become available would be in the lower tier dead on the halfway line - no access issues and a decent view of both goalmouths (I suspect it's an age thing) :).

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

I did that last season - now have my season ticket in the North - wouldn't want to be anywhere else x

Missed the first two matches due to holiday. Really looking forward to getting back in the North. Going to be excellent on Friday.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I did that last season - now have my season ticket in the North - wouldn't want to be anywhere else x

Started in the West, saw the light last season and moved in to the North....

Wouldn't trade it for all the tea in china!!!!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I don't really see the appeal of moving too much. Surely most people pick their seat for a reason, ie it provides their favoured view and puts them around the sort of people they like to be with at a football match. How can you go from sitting in the North one week to the 1901 middle tier of the West the next without having to force yourself to act differently on at least one occasion?

How do you pick the right seat in the right stand without trying different ones first, clearly if you mates are in a particular place it makes sense and that's different?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't have an ST last season, so have sat in every stand except for the west middle tier. ST is in ESU. I prefer the noise of the north, but I prefer the view from the side, so on balance the ESU is my favourite place.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Wsu was great view but still prefer the whole Amex experience in the North - really looking forward to Friday night now - 4 more sleeps!!!!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I have been in WSL WSU North last season. I now have a ST in the ESU on the ledge level with the North pen spot. It's brilliant up there. The view is fantastic but also alot of atmos as we join in with singing from the north. One think that is vastly better is the space in the Concorse. It's quiet easy to get a drink and no ques for the toilets. Marvellous.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I need to try the ESU and the South, so I'm hoping for at least two home cup games this season. Then maybe 1901 one day, if I can afford it. Oh and the corners. I'd quite like to try the corners at some point, although I doubt I'll ever get to try South East Corner. Maybe friendly?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I had my season ticket in the North last season and have switched to the WSU this season and already much prefer it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here