Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My First proper Football experience

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well after heading to Leyton Orient while in London I couldnt wait for the VIlla match.

Mate of mine from the villa board met me at New Street, got me checked into hostel and off for an english breakfast. After that let the pints start flowing!

First ones downed at 10am and we never slowed down. Met up with a bunch of lads from the Villa board (bout 10 in total) for pre match pints and villa discussion.
DSC00041.jpg

Headed to the upper holte for my seat

DSC00057.jpg

Wasnt our best match by far, and going down 1-0 was awful. Bent leveled just before half time and the place went nuts. 24+ hours later and im still buzzing from it.

The single greatest thing I have ever done/witnessed. Wondering when I can buy my season ticket :lolol: Already counting down to match v Wigan as cant wait to get back.

My my do I stand out singing, granted my accent is not even slightly close to any English ones so its no surprise :lolol:

Kept at the pints till 11 when I could barely stand. Pass out by 12. Fantastic night.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You're just a top bloke.

Everything you did with/for Evan - and now you continue to be around...

its difficult to phrase this gracefully so bare with me

on the merits of your personality? ???

Welcome to football :thumbsup:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
You're just a top bloke.

Everything you did with/for Evan - and now you continue to be around...

its difficult to phrase this gracefully so bare with me

on the merits of your personality? ???

Welcome to football :thumbsup:

Cheers Knee0n. Appreciate the kind words. Its only fitting though my first match was v Stoke and was 1-1 Draw, Evans first match was the same thing!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Peev, I think someone mentioned it on another thread, but not sure if you saw it or not. When you are up in Birmingham for 3 days, Brighton are playing away to Notts County (our last game of the season, going to be a HUGE party atmosphere). Notts County is only about an hours train journey away from Birmingham, and you should easily get a ticket for it.

Enjoying the reviews of your matches so far, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Peev, I think someone mentioned it on another thread, but not sure if you saw it or not. When you are up in Birmingham for 3 days, Brighton are playing away to Notts County (our last game of the season, going to be a HUGE party atmosphere). Notts County is only about an hours train journey away from Birmingham, and you should easily get a ticket for it.

Enjoying the reviews of your matches so far, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Yeah fair few have mentioned it, Villa play that day v Wigan, am sure the lads will want to party after as its my last night really. I will keep it in mind though dont worry :). Off to York today

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yeah fair few have mentioned it, Villa play that day v Wigan, am sure the lads will want to party after as its my last night really. I will keep it in mind though dont worry :). Off to York today

Notts County v Brighton will be 1,000,000 times better than Villa v Wigan. And I'm not just saying that as an Albion fan, it just will be. Better atmosphere, more fun, more drunken, and more genuine. You should go to that, you've already been to Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here