Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My First Game at the Albion

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
As a slightly sceptical 8 year year I was taken to the Goldstone on the first day of the 1975 season to see my first game - Albion vs. Rotherham in the old division 3. I'm sure we won 3-0 but I can't find who who playing and who scored.

I seem to remember Neil Martin scoring on his debut, possibly Fred Binney?

Peter Grummit in goal, Harry Wilson, Joe Kinnear?

Anyone know where I can find out?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Binney,Machin,Martin...HT 3-0..WE FINISHED 4TH THAT SEASON. The return game we drew 1-1 Albion goal scored by somebody called Ward.
That season had an unusual twist,we drew our last 3 games 1-1 (Aldershot away,Gillingham home,Sheff weds home)...the scorer of all Albions goals in these drawn games...that somebody called Ward!

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
As a slightly sceptical 8 year year I was taken to the Goldstone on the first day of the 1975 season to see my first game - Albion vs. Rotherham in the old division 3. I'm sure we won 3-0 but I can't find who who playing and who scored.

The very next home game was my first ever game (as a nine year old). It was on August 30th 1975 and we lost to Cardiff 0:1.

brodys dad

Aug 25, 2011
brighton vs man city.cant remember what year but john keeley was in goal and alan curbishley had to retake a pen.finished 2-1 albion.great day.my first day of chanting in the north stand.just brilliant.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Was that the game where the cheif ball 'boy' (keith cusp?) headed the ball back into the crowd near the end and then got sacked?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Aug 16, 1975
FL D3
Att 10,138

Grummitt
Tiler
Wilson
Beal
Piper
Winstanley
Towner
Machin
Binney
Martin
O'Sullivan
(Mellor, not used)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't know if it is still available but would recommend a copy of 'Seagulls! The Story of Brighton and Hove Albion FC' by Tim Carder and Roger Harris. Has all the results upto 1992/3 season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My girlfriend loves Orchard Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here