Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My First Amex Experience

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well after a morning of gathering with Evans family for the spreading of his ashes, lunch and a few pints it was time to meet up with some of my Brighton mates for a few pre matches pints.

Popped up to the ground earlier in the afternoon to get shown round by one of my mates. Spent a few quid in the club shop as well, was nice to be one of only a half dozen people in there as there was a bit of a queue when we turned up for the match.

Had some fantastic APA in the Royal Albert pre match with a few blokes from NSC, their missus and me mum.

No problem getting up the ground. Got in about 45 minutes before kick off to enjoy the much debated pies. Steak and ale pie was fantastic! Plenty of steak and nice and hot. Washed it down with a couple pints of Harveys and in we went. Sat in WSL right next to the entrance to the seats which was perfect for getting out for the lou at half time.

Have seen plenty of comments from people about the unfinished look etc. I personally found the ground to look fantastic. I know it still has work to be done etc but it all flowed together for me and overall it was great. Was a bit strange to have to sit at the match as I tend to put myself in a spot where I can stand. But it was comfy for me, and for those who know me....thats saying alot in this country :D!

Football in the first half was...well....something I guess. Was very dissapointed with the first half. Referring was pretty shocking as well....how a card was not shown for the hit on Barnes is beyond me....

2nd half was better but that was only thanks to the fact Watford were tiring from shutting Brighton down in the first half. I have read all the hype on here about Vicente and to finally see him play was great. The way he gets past his man and the little dribbling skills with his feet are great to watch. What a great talent to have at the club.

Great to see Brighton pull it back for the draw but that now makes 2 live Albion matches 0-1-1. Ah well...cant win them all!

Pint after the match while the queues died down for the train. Got to say hello to a few more NSC people which was nice. Walked up to the station to just miss the train and have to wait 10 mins for the next one... not a big deal but was a bit chilly!

Now back in my hotel and writing this. Thanks to all those i've met and had some pints with the last few days! You've all been top drawer.

Till next time..... :drink::drink::guitar::guitar::albion2::albion2:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Pleased you had a good time and enjoyed the match (well most of it) try and get in the back rows of the NS next time if you fancy standing and singing. :bigwave:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Pleased you had a good time and enjoyed the match (well most of it) try and get in the back rows of the NS next time if you fancy standing and singing. :bigwave:

Original plan had Evans parents coming as well but due to some other circumstances there were unable to go. But with them originally coming being up there wasnt an option :p. If it had just been myself I would have snagged a ticket for the NS.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Pleasure to meet you & your Mum last night.

It's really something that the Amex offers enough legroom for you. About 90% of seats in other grounds you'd have difficulty with!

Safe journey and look forward to the next time.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Glad we managed to meet up after the game Peev, glad you and your mum enjoyed the Amex experience.
Sorry I couldnt stay and chat longer, but was with a group of 7 mates and our mini-bus was picking us up at 10-00, as it was we didnt get there till 10 past.
Was great to meet you and play poker with you last Friday, even if we were both losers, "I'll fold Tay" managed not to bet enough times to limp into the final 3 grrr.
Have a safe trip back to America:lol:, and look forward to you coming over again

Great to finally meet Freddie Goodwin at last, only been 40 years since we were together in class at Westlain Grammer School.:dunce:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Funny thing was I hated expressing myself with the written word and my essays struggled to make half a page yet now I write loads of stuff and get quite favourable comments too.

Spelling's still a mess though although most are typo's from fat fingers!

Anyway, let's give the thread back to Mr Peever....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A bit chilly ? ? ya big girls blouse what was all that i wear my shorts when its -40 back home flannel :lolol: great to see you mate safe trip home .

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
Was a real pleasure to meet you and your mum on this trip. I enjoyed sitting with you guys in the west and looking upon our usual home the north stand, next time we'll get you over there!

But I still reckon there was far too many coincidences for one man to be at the centre of! 

Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home. xx

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Thats because he had half of my seat. :lolol:
Was just trying to keep you warm mate :safeway:

A bit chilly ? ? ya big girls blouse what was all that i wear my shorts when its -40 back home flannel :lolol: great to see you mate safe trip home .
Haha well I do, but was out in the air all day, so after 12ish hours that wind of the channel was a bit much! :tantrum:

Was a real pleasure to meet you and your mum on this trip. I enjoyed sitting with you guys in the west and looking upon our usual home the north stand, next time we'll get you over there!

But I still reckon there was far too many coincidences for one man to be at the centre of! 

Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home. xx

Lifes a funny thing eh [MENTION=21590]Gullysgirl[/MENTION]! Your names miss leading as I thought you would be able to do the splits for sure ??? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here