Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Mustard.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love hot English mustard, and for me the best one is Masterfoods Hot English Mustard, from Australia. It stays hot right to the bottom of the jar and is perfect on ham or turkey sandwiches, and with strong cheese, and on roast chicken, BBQd steaks, grilled pork chops and even on the side with vegetables, in short, this stuff is the business. IMO of course.

masterfoods_hot_english_mustard.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
With roast beef / steak / ham sandwiches / mash

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love hot English mustard, and for me the best one is Masterfoods Hot English Mustard, from Australia. It stays hot right to the bottom of the jar and is perfect on ham or turkey sandwiches, and with strong cheese, and on roast chicken, BBQd steaks, grilled pork chops and even on the side with vegetables, in short, this stuff is the business. IMO of course.

View attachment 133961
How much hotter than English is it!?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sausages, roast beef, cheese on toast are the main ones though I'll have it with plenty of other stuff too.
I like to take a nearly full jar of wholegrain mustard and stir in plenty of English mustard powder to have a ready condiment with the tasty zing of mustard grains and the wallop of proper English mustard.
I've taken to calling it Sussex mustard.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
English mustard, an absolute must with sausages and cold meat of any variety. The powdered stuff is hotter and slightly more flavoursome than the stuff in the jars, if you can be bothered to mix it. French mustard though - yeugh!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How much hotter than English is it!?

It’s much the same heat as good old Coleman’s, maybe a little hotter, but you must have noticed how a jar of Coleman’s loses its heat after its been opened, by the time you’re at the bottom it becomes very tame, whereas the Masterfoods stuff stays lovely and hot right to the bottom of the jar. You can buy it here, online, or pack a dozen jars when you come back from Aus next time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cannot believe no one has mentioned the perfect companion to a scoop of mustard which is of course a proper English Pork Pie.

They have accompanied me to many a game of Cricket before retiring to the Bar at Lunch...:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ham sandwich / roast gammon - english mustard
Sausage sandwich (cold) - wholegrain mustard
Steak - french mustard
Roast beef (hot or cold) - horseradish
Hot dog / burger - american yellow mustard

I think that about covers it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Roast Beef, Ham or anything like sausages.

Maille Dijon mustard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here