Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustapha Carayol on loan from Boro

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Clever stuff from Middlesbrough. They'd rather he went to us than Forest because our remaining fixtures mean we're playing teams around them. They seem confident enough to believe he'll make that immediate impact. Of course, this is my perspective.

But our fixture list is: Norwich, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Huddlesfield, Wigan, Watford and Middlesbrough
Forest's: Wolves, Brentford, Huddlesfield, Watford, Blackburn, Ipswich and Cardiff.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him play. He appears to be what we need, here's hoping he brings us points from that list.

Plus the fact he won't be able to play against his parent club on the final day.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Carayol is out of contract at the end of June but like with Vicente there is a one year extension option which Middlesbrough can invoke.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I actually think he is quite good, but watched his comeback game against our development squad and he was distinctly average......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is this how it's going to be from now on? If you're mid table and your seasons over, let somebody in with a chance gave your top scorer to get him off your wage bill for a few months.

Apparently Bournemouth have coughed up a six figure sum to take him on loan , they are also paying all of his wages and agreed bonuses and should they be promoted Cardiff will subsequently receive another six figure sum as a bounty payment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I actually think he is quite good, but watched his comeback game against our development squad and he was distinctly average......

Agreed..bet Stephens was distinctly average in his comeback games earlier this year

They both had their comeback game on the same day. I do remember Walton having to make a save from Carayol, which looked like a good shot.

Beram Kayal came to us in January after having a bad injury, and that's worked out well.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Plenty of pace, which is something we are short of. The thing that worries me slightly from his show reel is that for all the blokes he goes past virtually none of his balls into the box find a team mate!

Worth a go for his reputed pace. Might play well against Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford and that can't do Boro any harm.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Waaahaay. Another loanee. Triffik

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I knew his brother Mustapha P.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Purchasing players is quite difficult this time of year, is it not??

No you misunderstand, I am happy that we have another loanee at the club. I am always thrilled when another loanee comes in, scores a goal and kisses the badge....I love it!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How about a player that's coming back from a long-term injury?
A bit like Kayal. Carayol's got a decent scoring record, about one in four at Boro, is lightening quick, and the fans up there rate him highly, so what's not to like about this deal?
They rate him highly and send him out on loan mmmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here