Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music with references to Brighton or Darts

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Chaps I'm making a mix cd for our trip down to Brighton to watch the Premier League darts final. I'm looking to fill it with songs with with either references to Brighton or used in the darts. So far I have:

Brighton
Fatboy Slim - You're not from Brighton
Metallica - So What (I know it's a cover)
Bloc Party - Waiting for the 7.18

Darts
Planet Funk - Chase the Sun
Snap - The Power
Tony Christie - Amarillo (even though Manley isn't involved)
Sam Sham & The Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

I need some help to fill it up. Oh and I'm leaving this afternoon so I don't have long.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
FatBoy Slim - hands up for Brighton
queen??- Brighton Rock

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
on the subject of the Who, I saw them in Sheffield last week and if you going to see them at the Rose Bowl next week then you are in for a real treat, as they were superb, a couple from Quadrophenia as well and the encore of Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks and See me Feel me was awsome. Tank and Race have fun...

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Brighton

But do you know who originally recorded it? Clue is that they were from Tunbridge Wells!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"Jocky" Wilson said

TotpDexys.jpg

• In October 1982 Dexy's Midnight Runners appeared on Top Of The Pops to perform Jackie Wilson Said, the band's tribute to the soul legend. Appearing on the screen behind the group, however, was a giant image of Jocky Wilson, the darts player.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Music with references to Brighton or Darts

Gordon the Gopher said:
Brighton

But do you know who originally recorded it? Clue is that they were from Tunbridge Wells!

The Anti-Nowhere League

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Oh dont forget 'the boys in the old brighton blue' ,must be due a re-mix by nowas it needed one when it came out. For those who don't know its by the albion squad of'83:lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Elastica, "Brighton Rock" ("We were sauced right there on Brighton beach, / You a Goth and I was such a peach, / I sought to be the best at it, / PC Plod he still arrested it… / Your name is carved on my Brighton rock, / My name can be your mental block”)

The Spizzles, "Robot Holiday" (("No more work for one whole week, oil my joints so they don't squeak, / I'm going to Brighton in the sun, I sit in deckchairs, have some fun")

Ralph McTell, "Maginot Waltz" ("All off to Brighton in a charabanc, / Albert played his banjo and how we sang, / The beer was expensive, but the laughter was free, / Oh how we do love to all be beside the sea...")

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Kooks - Seaside
Kooks - Ohh La

The ohh la one was written after a night out in Brighton and being followed by some girl or vice versa

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
BobbySmith said:
on the subject of the Who, I saw them in Sheffield last week and if you going to see them at the Rose Bowl next week then you are in for a real treat, as they were superb, a couple from Quadrophenia as well and the encore of Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks and See me Feel me was awsome. Tank and Hiney have fun...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here