Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music Streaming Services...Which one do you use?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Had Spotify since it was invite only, the fact the Xbox One app means I can play music through my TV but control it through my phone means I’ll probably stick with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spotify. The best tenner I pay each month. Many a late evening with some long forgotten tracks. Worth every penny. Happy to pay as they have struggled financially too.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’m a philistine and buy my music and dump it all on my phone and iPod. I have more than enough to satisfy my tastes. Like everything else though, I will one day join the party, and threads like this will enable me to hopefully make an informed choice.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m a philistine and buy my music and dump it all on my phone and iPod. I have more than enough to satisfy my tastes. Like everything else though, I will one day join the party, and threads like this will enable me to hopefully make an informed choice.

This, plus I use the YouTube music app, where I can play music playlists and listen when on nights.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting that convenience, playlisting and music discovering over sound quailty is proving most popular so far. Hence Spotify and Youtube being very popular choices.

I totally get that, and it seems to me to be the big strength and draw of streaming services over sitting down and listening to vinyl say, and thumbing through a physical collection and all the artwork and sleeve notes that go with it.

Exciting times for this old timer, as we can seemingly have the best of both worlds these days.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Spotify. The best tenner I pay each month. Many a late evening with some long forgotten tracks. Worth every penny. Happy to pay as they have struggled financially too.

Why do you pay for it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting that convenience, playlisting and music discovering over sound quailty is proving most popular so far. Hence Spotify and Youtube being very popular choices.

I totally get that, and it seems to me to be the big strength and draw of streaming services over sitting down and listening to vinyl say, and thumbing through a physical collection and all the artwork and sleeve notes that go with it.

Exciting times for this old timer, as we can seemingly have the best of both worlds these days.

I used to own a shed load of vinyl, which I painstakingly transfered onto my ipod classic, which sat in its own docking station plugged into stereo.
Decided to upgrade to the ipod touch, which we stream our music via bluetooth onto our Ruark R2Mk3
Its a great sound for the size of our abode.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Spotify is my main one - so far ahead in terms of editorial playlisting and interface for me. Working in music it's the only real one that makes a difference/people care about so that's a factor for sure.

Subscribe to Apple Music too mostly so I can poke around for work but have never really been a fan.

And an +1 for Bandcamp that was mentioned here - still really has a solid place in the hierarchy just a little different to the standard streaming services but massively important for small/midsize bands and you can download in lossless, etc.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Spotify Premium, used it for a good few years. Excellent value for money in my opinion.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Spotify Premium with family access because it links well with my Sonos One but my son can also stream on his phone.

Also stream Mixcloud and Soundcloud on the Sonos.

This

Works well on my Bose speakers and in the car

Also when my account was hacked on Christmas Day by some French Rap freak Spotify got my access back in about 15 mins after a few simple questions it name your playlists and what did you play last.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Bandcamp
Mixcloud
Soundcloud
Spotify

In that order. Use all streaming devices like a radio, if I like it it goes in a playlist, if I really like it I buy the physical release. Distrust Spotify particularly their suggestions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mainly just Youtube and then I download all the stuff I want and put it in my Winamp & my MP3 player.

Being young, cool and Swedish, I thought you'd blow me away with words I don't even understand (blue-filtering to your main prong, then back-jizzling via a red-tooth cortical implant, or somesuch). Instead....that's exactly what I do! Nurse. Nurse!!

:lolol: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here