Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music right before kick off

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Are you calling my eight year old grandson a retard? I sincerely hope you're not otherwise an apology is in order.

Fair enough I shouldn't have posted that. No excuse but I my alcohol consumption was pretty high last night, but I overstepped the mark there. So please accept my apologies.

Music in sport is one of my biggest dislikes, outside of darts and boxing entrance music it takes away from the experience, rather than adds to it.

el punal

Fair enough I shouldn't have posted that. No excuse but I my alcohol consumption was pretty high last night, but I overstepped the mark there. So please accept my apologies.

Music in sport is one of my biggest dislikes, outside of darts and boxing entrance music it takes away from the experience, rather than adds to it.

That's good of you, and thanks. I know we all get carried away in the emotion of things - especially Albion related. After a few drinks I steer well clear of the keyboard, mainly because I can't focus on the letters!

el punal

That's what they all did in the 1950's, and early 1960's, really pre the World Cup razzmatazz. You must remember the old pros had been through the War, when emotions had to be controlled. Younger ones had done National Service, some in Korea and Malaya.

It was the TV coverage on MoTD and The Big Match which really sparked post-goal celebs.

I read an article, can't remember who by, that described how mainly Italian immigrants after the war started following English clubs, the likes of Arsenal and Spurs. They were acknowledged as the first fans to start singing and chanting at games and it followed on from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here