Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I would obviously like him to stay. However, I have the feeling that we would not be too upset by whoever Gus gets to replace him.

I would not really care where he goes, if he feels that he must - other than to play for the SCUM!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
christ whats the fuss about?yes we will hate him etc,but lets be honrst we can attract a better striker than murrayanyway.can't quiet put my finger on it but somthing about murray really annoys me.i find him slippery mmmm. :)

So do a lot of defenders...he deffo played for the soft penalty at Griffin Park and has got a few others from the highlights I've seen. For a big bloke he does seem to fall over quite easily.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well yes, probably, when you take out a loan, you will probably pay it back, but there is no guarantee is there?

Anyway, we hadn't been paying people silly wages, and paying millions for players to try and get promotion *cough*Cardiff*cough*, but our time just ran out and we had no money.

Yes, DKM, I see your point about being able to field players better than you can afford, and fair enough, but we didn't put ourselves in admin - how does anybody know that had Agilo not put us in admin we would have gone in anyway? Who's to say we couldn't afford those players.

You can weasel around and delude yourself all you like, but the fact of the matter is, your club got into serious financial strife TWICE because you were paying for players and players salaries which you patently could not afford. You were shopping at Harrods when your finances dictated that you should have been shopping at Lidls.

It doesn't matter WHO put you into administration - they did it because you wern't paying them. And you wern't paying them because you'd (once again) overstretched yourselves in a desperate but forlorn attempt at jumping on the gravy train of the Premier League.

Your club is a cheating disgrace, every inch as grubby and discredited as the likes of Pompey, Leicester and Leeds. You are in good company, your club truley is scum - and thats not just a casual insult from one of your rivals - its a FACT.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I don't think he'd get a warm welcome though...

Well he won't be treated like Mullers, but he'll have to perform quick. Trying to think of another big name forward to go to Selhurst from Albion in the past, and can't think of one successful.

You on the other hand got good mileage out of Neil Smillie.And later Simon Rodger.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
You can weasel around and delude yourself all you like, but the fact of the matter is, your club got into serious financial strife TWICE because you were paying for players and players salaries which you patently could not afford. You were shopping at Harrods when your finances dictated that you should have been shopping at Lidls.

It doesn't matter WHO put you into administration - they did it because you wern't paying them. And you wern't paying them because you'd (once again) overstretched yourselves in a desperate but forlorn attempt at jumping on the gravy train of the Premier League.

Your club is a cheating disgrace, every inch as grubby and discredited as the likes of Pompey, Leicester and Leeds. You are in good company, your club truley is scum - and thats not just a casual insult from one of your rivals - its a FACT.

Absolutlaly totally this!!!!!!!!!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Murray has been outstanding for us this season and I was previously a bit of a critic to be honest but he has converted me. He would be a big loss for us in my opinion and not so easy to replace as some seem to suggest. We already need one quality striker for next season. If Murray goes we need to find two.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well. I wasn't expecting this when I logged on. There's too many pages to read through, so could someone who's up to date with the thread let me know if the veracity of this claim has been confirmed? Is there any truth in it or is it just rumour?

It seems a strange one. Palace to all outside appearances are in decline. Their league performances and gates have been dropping over the last few years(I think...) and it wasn't too long ago they were in administration. How can they afford it? And if they can't better what we're willing to pay, why on earth would he go there?!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well. I wasn't expecting this when I logged on. There's too many pages to read through, so could someone who's up to date with the thread let me know if the veracity of this claim has been confirmed? Is there any truth in it or is it just rumour?

It seems a strange one. Palace to all outside appearances are in decline. Their league performances and gates have been dropping over the last few years(I think...) and it wasn't too long ago they were in administration. How can they afford it? And if they can't better what we're willing to pay, why on earth would he go there?!

Seems to be some substance, according to Walt Jabsco, but it is essentially rumours believed to be start by his agent to perhaps beef up his contract offer from Brighton

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gus Poyet has just delivered us to the Championship and Tony has delivered to one of the best stadiums in the country. I think they know what they're doing :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
cant see it but if he goes good luck to him, injury free he has proved he is a top quality striker and deserves the best deal for himself and his family ...................................................buuuuuuut of all the clubs in all the towns :)

Eagles Eat Seagulls

Apr 13, 2011

Your club is a cheating disgrace, every inch as grubby and discredited as the likes of Pompey, Leicester and Leeds. You are in good company, your club truley is scum - and thats not just a casual insult from one of your rivals - its a FACT

I think it is just a casual insult from one of our rivals actually, let's ask the greater footballing world outside of Brighton, whether or not we are considered to be scum shall we?

You also appear to posted some 37,756 times on this message board, could I suggest you go out and get some of that fresh sea air you are so close to, rather than sitting, stewing over what a scummy club you consider us to be.

PS, I would have thought that someone so in tune with their computer would have worked out how to use spell check by now, it's spelt "truly".

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Can you imagine if this news came out yesterday.
At the moment nothing has been agreed. Until I see "Glenn Murray signs for "Cr&*!& P!£$!%" then he is still a Brighton and Hove Albion player. Honestly thou, this sort of thing only happens to us.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Gus Poyet has just delivered us to the Championship and Tony has delivered to one of the best stadiums in the country. I think they know what they're doing :)

Exactly. Eees not complicated. Just let them get on with it.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I think it is just a casual insult from one of our rivals actually, let's ask the greater footballing world outside of Brighton, whether or not we are considered to be scum shall we?

You also appear to posted some 37,756 times on this message board, could I suggest you go out and get some of that fresh sea air you are so close to, rather than sitting, stewing over what a scummy club you consider us to be.

PS, I would have thought that someone so in tune with their computer would have worked out how to use spell check by now, it's spelt "truly".

Oh please bore someone else, spending time on an opposition message board ffs

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
At the end of the day, its rumour at the moment, we shouldn't get on the back of Muzza, he has helped us be a success this season, let's stop this crap before it all gets out of hand and wait and see what happens. The club is in good hands, and we have a great future ahead. The pikeys up the road are loving this melt down this has caused, so chill out and wait and see. They are not even mathematically safe in the championship yet, We Are, be happy for that! It's merely media talk at the moment, don't mean a thing. SEAGULLS!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its clearly a story planted by his agent. There's probably a nugget of truth in it, maybe Murrays agent has touted him round a few Championship clubs and Palace havn't ruled themselves out, but thats a GAZILLION miles away from it being a done deal.

Look, it gets Murrays name in the news, and if there is confirmed interest from other clubs then it gives more leverage in the imminent contract negotiations. THATS the objective here. I don't believe for one minute Murray would look at a move to Palace being a decent career move for him, he'd have to be stupid.

This is just all part of the contracts game, nothing more nothing less. I'm sure the club will make him a decent offer, he'll be playing in the best stadium in the division for the best manager outside of the Prem. He'll take it or leave it, and maybe he will move on, but seriously, can anyone really see him pitching up at Selhurst Park ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here