Votes: 75 97.4%
  • Wood

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Does Gus know that New Zealand doesn't have a professional league and that part timers were in their World Cup squad? Does anybody (other than Gus) think Wood is better than Murray?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Does Gus know that New Zealand doesn't have a professional league and that part timers were in their World Cup squad? Does anybody (other than Gus) think Wood is better than Murray?

until we are back in The Championship I don't think we are likely to get a better striker than Murray

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It has to be Murray and another in my view. Be that Barnes or Wood

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The poll should have been which 2 from 3 Murray, Barnes and Wood. I would go with Murray and Wood to start with Barnes to come on late as has happened with Murray in the last couple of games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
someone on the argus site suggested that Murray is stalling on contract talks

as someone else said that would only have one result so expect to see less of Murray in the starting line-up until the matter is resolved

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I was very surprised that Wod was given the penalty last night, I thought Murray was your penalty-taker. But I suppose he hadn't been on the pitch very long.

Was it a skipper's selection?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
someone on the argus site suggested that Murray is stalling on contract talks

as someone else said that would only have one result so expect to see less of Murray in the starting line-up until the matter is resolved
IF there's any truth in that I don't see how keeping it out of the team helps anything. It won't help relations between club/management and player, and in purely footballing terms it's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was very surprised that Wod was given the penalty last night, I thought Murray was your penalty-taker. But I suppose he hadn't been on the pitch very long.

Murray was, then he missed one or two, Bennett was put on it, then he missed one, now it's Barnes but he was off the pitch so it's Wood who scored on Saturday but never looked like scoring last night.
None of them have been consistent enough. I might be tempted to give it to Sparrow if he could stay fit for a few weeks.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Murray and Wood have looked good together both times Murray has come on.I would start with those 2.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
How many point in front would we be if we had a consistently good penalty taker. Most clubs have one and it is not always a striker.

Certainly true Dean Hammond is an excellent penalty taker and is not a striker. Andy Crosby was also a good man for a penalty, although I can only remember him taking one for us, he regularly took them elsewhere.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How many point in front would we be if we had a consistently good penalty taker. Most clubs have one and it is not always a striker.

Apart from last night we haven't dropped points because of a penalty miss.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I know Wood maybe should not have taken the penalty but he is taking infront of over 3,000 travelling fans and 3/4 of a ground boo'ing him. He is 18 and at the end of the day we are all human and do get nervous. He has alot to learn IMO.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On last night's evidence, Murray AND Wood. The Kiwi looks a useful addition to the squad to keep things competitive up front. Easily as good, for instance, as Chris Iwelumo who a lot of people here used to slate - but he didn't do to bad for himself when used properly!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

No ,it was a balls up IMHO.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
IF there's any truth in that I don't see how keeping it out of the team helps anything. It won't help relations between club/management and player, and in purely footballing terms it's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Spot on.Obviously we don't know the true picture,but if Murray doesn't start from now on,I for one will be well pissed off.
I thought we were trying to get automatic promotion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports