Murray Goodwin. Latest ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just read on the BBC cricket noticeboard, M/G must obtain a work permit and visa. We are now in mid-March does anyone know the time frame of this issue ? :bigwave:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Top bat.:clap:

Attachments

• 2596373542_5060b15020.jpg
    2596373542_5060b15020.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 236

Originally Posted by the viscount
The visa is normal for murray and it will be just a formality as per every season he has been with us.

AND MENDOZA the season has not started yet so don't get so down before it has begun.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS WE SAY AT THE CROMWELL ROAD END !!!!!

No, may NOT be a formality.

The rules on Kolpak qualifications may be changing.

the Home Office, are looking at work permit criteria and it seems that all Kolpak and overseas players must have played international cricket in the five-year period leading up to an application for a permit.
Indeed the Home Office are saying that many players currently playing should not have been granted permits for this season. Some estimates reckon that nearly 50 per cent of all Kolpaks and overseas players fall into that category. For instance, McLaren at Kent is a good example, as is, say, Murray Goodwin at Sussex.

But it is likely that a 12-month period of grace will be granted so that counties can sort out these issues and fulfil contracts which might be longer than a year. It may be than that we can at last put these interminable question of non-qualified players to bed, but don't bank on it. It's never that simple.

of course Good win would not qualify under that scenario as he hasn't played international cricket since June 2000. thus he would have to qulaify as our only overseas player........... and we have already got Yasir Arafat as that

Bowden91

Aug 21, 2008
The lad ran past me the other day while i was on my way to college, i said alrite Murray and he just said Hi.. living legend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports