Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray at the end of the match

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Knocky is getting justifiably over excited, loved it at the final whistle when he beckoned ALL Albion players over to the away stand. He's being very much like us supporters. He's a good lad. And Muzza was looking a bit pissed off in the interview because he wanted to be with them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting to hear Chris Hughton say yesterday (in response to a question by Keith Andrews, I think) that Murray is a great influence in the dressing room. I wouldn't necessarily have expected that, based on when he was here before. Very good to know, and just confirms what a fantastic set of characters we've put together.

GM was simply shy before. Allowing a few whingers to misjudge him.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Murray is playing a blinder. Happy but not jubilant, the English way that won us two world wars. Knockaert is running about like the excited little French kid. Hence why we had to help them out in two world wars.

I am beyond impressed with Mr Murrays attitude and voice of reason. I love him. And also love how happy he is compared to the grumpy Glenn we had the first time.

:lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I wondered if it was a battle-weary 33-year-old remonstrating with his kid brother for jumping on him when what he really wants is a hot bath and sit down :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reckon it was Murray telling him to show the opposition some respect - a Rangers player was trying to shake hands but Knocky was more interested in jumping on Murray's back.
I would say you're correct.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Murray has the cold blooded demeanour of someone who knows exactly what is needed to guarantee promotion. We are a leaner, meaner team for having him.
A big reason why we will go one better this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Three in three for GM ..Leeds game you could clearly see AK mouthing an expletive at GM ..last week against Blackburn after Murray scored and the celebrating pack left AK came and gave him a special hug ..and then we have yesterday....Murray the wise old head AK the young whipper snapper but great team mates

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
IMO Murray should have done it in a calmer and nicer way. He could easily have smiled and said (something along the lines of) "nice one mate, but let's keep calm, shake their hands first" etc etc.

No need to seem to tell him off in front of the cameras.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
I love the passion of AK for our club and this campaign. To fans it seemed a seminal night in deciding auto promotion. AK simply felt the same in the moment. Experienced GM reined him in. Two great characters in this squad.

Spot On! We need both players and both attitudes - Knocky like one of us on the pitch - if only we were super gifted, twinkle toed magicians.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IMO Murray should have done it in a calmer and nicer way. He could easily have smiled and said (something along the lines of) "nice one mate, but let's keep calm, shake their hands first" etc etc.

No need to seem to tell him off in front of the cameras.

100% This, if that happened in a place of work I'm certain the person on the receiving end of that little telling off might harbour a small grudge for a while!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Knocky has a somewhat childish attitude up one minute down the next he needs an older brother type around him. Reminds me of Gazza hopefully without the self destruct button

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
100% This, if that happened in a place of work I'm certain the person on the receiving end of that little telling off might harbour a small grudge for a while!

If you watch the QPR Vlog video on the other thread you can see Murray was about to shake hands with a QPR player when Knocky jumps on him. Justifiable telling off if you ask me. Murray's a bit of a class act, get the end of match formalities done, win with respect and then celebrate with teammates and fans. He knows there's still a way to go before cracking open the champagne.

Did anyone see Knocky's reaction when he was subbed, kicking his chair and mopping about like a frustrated teen. The guy's passion is great but he must be a bit of a handful to manage, up one minute, down the next. Great player though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did anyone see Knocky's reaction when he was subbed, kicking his chair and mopping about like a frustrated teen. The guy's passion is great but he must be a bit of a handful to manage, up one minute, down the next. Great player though.

Great player when things are going well....but I do wonder what he'll be like when we go up and he's not routinely getting the better of defenders.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Knocky is definitely the naughty little boy of the squad, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I love his passion!

This. Let's hope Knocky's attitude never changes, his passion and enthusiasm make him such a fantastic entertainer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At one point during the Blackburn game Bruno jogged over to him and put his arm around him and gave him what looked like some form of comforting chat for quite a length of time. It was immediately after he'd had a decent run that ended in nothing and he looked very frustrated. He's got the wise guys looking out for him all the time. He can act like a petulant kid at times on the pitch when things don't go his way. Easy to forget he's still young.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here