So who would you select ?

• Murphy

Votes: 102 59.0%
  • Skalak

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Murphy, runs at players, goal threat, exciting to watch. Skalak, no pace, no dribbling ability, falls over embarrassingly whenever he loses the ball, which is a lot and painful to watch. Set pieces not as reliable as hyped either

😁 still has a good habit of creating goals

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
form for wingers/wide men is always hard to maintain..... do the thread again today and I suspect the results will be the exact opposite

with these 2 its very much chosen on opposition in mind

i truly like both players greatly

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I voted for Murphy in this originally but since then Skalak has proven his worth and did so again on Saturday. He helped create a couple of goals and worked his backside off. He deserves his place in the team on merit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Skalak gets my vote. He's the Iron Curtain Darren Currie - no pace but a terrific crosser.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A winger does not have to beat his man, all he has to do is find enough space to deliver a cross into the danger area. Sheer pace and quick acceleration is what fullbacks really fear. And the ability to go past a defender keeps the full back guessing. Even more threatening is the ability to change direction and shoot or cross with either foot.

As a conventional winger finding space to put a cross in I think Skalak is currently the best.
Lualua is very quick and can shoot and cross with either foot, an asset more suited to the second striker. If he would run into space he could be very good.
I think Solly March has the best shot on him if the ball gets on his left foot and has more composure than Lualua.
Elvis Manu is probably the quickest.
Jamie Murphy is probably the best midfielder of them all, although not as good as Rosenior. Murphy covers more ground on the pitch than all of them.

An interesting problem of who to choose? With Knockaert, of course.

When the opponents sit back and defend deep with two good central defenders and we have to find a way through?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I voted for Murphy in this originally but since then Skalak has proven his worth and did so again on Saturday. He helped create a couple of goals and worked his backside off. He deserves his place in the team on merit.

Likewise.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lua Lua in the form he had in August 2015 is better than them both; all three are behind Knockaert & March though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here