Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy and March

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Murphy is thankfully, very two footed. I do rate March but in his current position a lot of good counter attack moves break down when he cuts back onto his left and slows play down. Either that or he attempts a hopeless cross on his wrong foot and we lose the ball.

In full agreement with you here. Murphy was very good last night. As mentioned before, his highlights from last season on youtube is extremely encouraging.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
What i loved about murphy last night, wasnt only the fact that he took on and beat his man. But the fact that every time he did he put a pin point pass to one of the players waiting in the box..
Something weve been lacking for years. Exallent game last night.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure about JFC yet, he's not proved himself, but in terms of loaning him out, he might be the type of player that needs others of a high enough skill level to play with him. If one of his main skills is picking out good runs, that'll be no good in most L1 teams. The bottom line is, I trust Hughton's judgement. If he needs to go on loan, so be it, but I hope he does well with us.
Agree with this - although somebody had a real go at me the other day for suggesting it! His loan spell at Oxford(?) apparently wasn't hugely successful, so perhaps he is a player who plays better when playing alongside better players (though that to some extent applies to anybody). Anyway, CH has got just about everything right so far this season, so hopefully he'll do the best things for JFC (and Solly).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I have said it a few times before, March is not good enough. To be successful at this level you need to be two footed, and have an end product, he has neither.

He is 21 he needs to step up, he has potential but I think Elvis will get ahead of him so he won't ever find himself in the matchday squad...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have said it a few times before, March is not good enough. To be successful at this level you need to be two footed, and have an end product, he has neither.

He is 21 he needs to step up, he has potential but I think Elvis will get ahead of him so he won't ever find himself in the matchday squad...

Hard to disagree with any of that.

March has got great control most of the time, has pace and some trickery but unfortunately he hasn't improved since playing first team football.

He is also pissing me off with his falling over routines-needs to stay on his feet instead of looking for free kicks.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
March has had years of coaching with us on the way we used to play... Possession ... Pass and move.
I imagine our coaching focus has changed and he has a lot to unlearn.
Training alongside the likes of MUrphy and Manu will help him a lot, but as others have said, it will take time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here