Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Muriel Hart RIP

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I never buy The Argus, but popped in to the Village Hall for a breakfast today to open it and see a full page spread in tribute to Miss Hart MBE, my teacher of music and movement at Patcham Juniors. Since she felt slapping my face during class would help my education (I was both a good singer and a well behaved pupil) and she helped engender my deep
dislike of teachers back in the day, I won't add my tribute. As her great-niece is quoted 'she may have had a strict schoolteacher exterior'. But my word, seeing that face again brought back the horrors. I'll leave others to add the good bits.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
RIP Miss Hart, though I think it would be fair to say that I enjoyed Tony Geerts’s football coaching than her music lessons.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
aahhh yes, the psychopathic teaching staff at Patcham Juniors circa 1969. Psycho Lissamore, Psycho Geerts (although I was never a recipient of the infamous Geertsy slap). Dont know about this Ms Hart, must be after my time.
All I know is that half the teaching staff at any of the schools that I went to would be up in front of the beak if they tried any of their antics in this day and age.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Wow. A shock to find out that she lived to 99.
She would stamp her feet when annoyed, so we really had to control the sniggering otherwise both got worse.
Told me off for pulling a face when I saw my allocated girl partner for dancing.
I could not sing in time so was one of the few left at school when all the class went to the Dome as a choir.
My involvement with the school concert was setting up the music stands.
Nevertheless, RIP Miss Hart.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wow. A shock to find out that she lived to 99.
She would stamp her feet when annoyed, so we really had to control the sniggering otherwise both got worse.
Told me off for pulling a face when I saw my allocated girl partner for dancing.
I could not sing in time so was one of the few left at school when all the class went to the Dome as a choir.
My involvement with the school concert was setting up the music stands.
Nevertheless, RIP Miss Hart.
So that's how we won the choirs competition. :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here