Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Mrs Brown's Boys

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The fact of the matter is millions of people love it, probably more so middle aged and elderly so if it makes them happy in these truly awful times it is ok with me

Well we keep hearing that millions of people love it. Can only say I've never met a single person that does. Strongly suspect most on here are the same. IMHO putting it on in place of MOTD is the BBC just taking the piss. Even Dan Walker had a good old smirk about it on Football Focus

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well we keep hearing that millions of people love it. Can only say I've never met a single person that does. Strongly suspect most on here are the same. IMHO putting it on in place of MOTD is the BBC just taking the piss. Even Dan Walker had a good old smirk about it on Football Focus

The film took over £ 10 000 000 at the UK box office so, yes there are millions who love it. I am not fussed either way. It is not great but not as bad as made out on here imo

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have you gone completely head-mental Uncle? You're shirley not saying there's been a FILM made of that shitshow?! ???

Yes and it was awful

Clearly you don't watch Gogglebox, to place it anywhere near the other two. It's fascinating, heartwarming and very often hilarious.

:down::down: Watched a Gogglebox episode for the first time last week and don't recollect any of those qualities within that episode, perhaps I was unlucky.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gave it five minutes a year or so ago. Avoid it like MOTD when Albion lose since

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
FFS.

Could at least be creative and show us highlights from previous seasons to give us our football fixes. Could cover a different season every weekend.

Or re-show the 'Match of the 60s/70s/80s' series they ran ages ago.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm fed up with the silent majority getting their way!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Clearly you don't watch Gogglebox, to place it anywhere near the other two. It's fascinating, heartwarming and very often hilarious.

I'd say it was scripted, contrived and utterly tedious. Just a bunch of nobodies desperately trying to be quirky and funny in the vague hope that they can land themselves a spot as a z-list "celeb", and appear on some other dreck that'll be lurking around on E4 or Channel 5 in the early hours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sounds like you are talking about the mods and clique in here :banana:

To my knowledge, there is only one DULLARD who has successfully escaped the confines of these pages, to regularly spread his media wings on national television. And well deserved too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd say it was scripted, contrived and utterly tedious. Just a bunch of nobodies desperately trying to be quirky and funny in the vague hope that they can land themselves a spot as a z-list "celeb", and appear on some other dreck that'll be lurking around on E4 or Channel 5 in the early hours.

Well yes - isn't that what it was always supposed to be?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
And a brand new series of this gem starts at 9.15 on Saturday, joy of joys. Does that mean, with old episodes replacing MOTD, that we will be treated to double comedy gold.

Gee, thanks Auntie,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well yes - isn't that what it was always supposed to be?

Well, I dunno. A lot of the fans of this tripe seem to think its "spontaneous", when it clearly isn't. A bit like the fully grown adults who take WWF a WEE bit too seriously.

Each to their own though I suppose. Some people get unfathomable enjoyment from MBB, which I find baffling. I have a remote though.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Good to see NSC isn't still hung up on Mrs Brown's Boys. This must be the 5th thread on the show.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Good to see NSC isn't still hung up on Mrs Brown's Boys. This must be the 5th thread on the show.

True but inevitable since the BBC in its infinite wisdom thinks it's a suitable replacement to our football fix. In isolation it's rubbish and I'm times of crisis it's double rubbish!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There’s spooky going’s on in the Brown household where anything can, and probably will happen.

Originally a theatre production, Mrs Brown’s Boys is created, written by and stars Brendan O’Carroll as misbehaving matriarch Agnes Brown, who just can’t help interfering in the lives of her family and friends. The show was first broadcast on BBC One in 2011 and has since become one of biggest comedies on tv. In summer 2016 Mrs Brown’s Boys was broadcast live for the first time on BBC One.

Mrs Brown’s Boys was voted best sitcom for the 21st century in a Radio Times poll and has won numerous awards, including a Bafta for best scripted comedy (2012), the Writers Guild Great Britain Award (2014) and has won an incredible five National Television Awards for the most popular comedy TV programme (2013 - 2020).

Brendan O’Carroll says: “It’s a huge thrill to do another 'live' show for the BBC. It’ll be so wonderful so see them nervous all over again. We will be trying our best to stick to the script, but honestly a script is just a guideline Ha ha ha!! Bring it on!"

Charlotte Moore, Chief Content Officer, BBC, says: “I’m thrilled that we are marking the 10th anniversary of the award-winning Mrs Brown’s Boys coming to BBC One with this very special live broadcast. A huge thank you to Brendan and the team for keeping us all so brilliantly entertained for a decade. The Nation and I can’t wait to see what mischief Agnes and family have in store for us this Halloween.”

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There’s spooky going’s on in the Brown household where anything can, and probably will happen.

Originally a theatre production, Mrs Brown’s Boys is created, written by and stars Brendan O’Carroll as misbehaving matriarch Agnes Brown, who just can’t help interfering in the lives of her family and friends. The show was first broadcast on BBC One in 2011 and has since become one of biggest comedies on tv. In summer 2016 Mrs Brown’s Boys was broadcast live for the first time on BBC One.

Mrs Brown’s Boys was voted best sitcom for the 21st century in a Radio Times poll and has won numerous awards, including a Bafta for best scripted comedy (2012), the Writers Guild Great Britain Award (2014) and has won an incredible five National Television Awards for the most popular comedy TV programme (2013 - 2020).

Brendan O’Carroll says: “It’s a huge thrill to do another 'live' show for the BBC. It’ll be so wonderful so see them nervous all over again. We will be trying our best to stick to the script, but honestly a script is just a guideline Ha ha ha!! Bring it on!"

Charlotte Moore, Chief Content Officer, BBC, says: “I’m thrilled that we are marking the 10th anniversary of the award-winning Mrs Brown’s Boys coming to BBC One with this very special live broadcast. A huge thank you to Brendan and the team for keeping us all so brilliantly entertained for a decade. The Nation and I can’t wait to see what mischief Agnes and family have in store for us this Halloween.”

Fine, I will go out trick-or-treating with you. Now shut up about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here