Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP stabbed in Yorkshire. ***RIP Jo Cox***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I hope both sides are back campaigning tomorrow.I know what happened was tragic but the referendum is way more important than what happened.

More important than someone's life?

Personally I don't think so. But being a democracy you can take a different view of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I hope both sides are back campaigning tomorrow.I know what happened was tragic but the referendum is way more important than what happened.

Freedom of speech and democracy is what it is all about, but always prudent to remember that all of this campaign to and fro is fine generally yet some don't take it as lightly as others.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

Personally I don't think so. But being a democracy you can take a different view of course.

Yes of course.Way more important.You're talking about one person against the future of 60 million.

It's truly tragic what happened.It's also the trend to elevate a good person who dies to Sainthood.

The referendum is more important.It needs to re-start.Democracy is more important.60 million lives are more important.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Conservatives have announced they will not field a candidate when the by election takes place, out of respect to Jo.

If anyone wants to make a cheap comment, I lived in the area & it was a marginal returning a Tory for quite a few years.

Yes, but not since 1997.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes of course.Way more important.You're talking about one person against the future of 60 million.

It's truly tragic what happened.It's also the trend to elevate a good person who dies to Sainthood.

The referendum is more important.It needs to re-start.Democracy is more important.60 million lives are more important.

No-one is elevating Jo Cox to sainthood - sensible people are stopping and reflecting on what this appalling crime says about society and politics and why it may have happened.
Democracy hasn't stopped. It is still happening on 23rd June (or whenever the referendum is).
Spreading lies and hate is not democracy. Personal verbal and physical attacks are not democratic.
Having the right to vote however you like is democracy.
Brushing aside this murder threatens that - it leads to acceptance. A crime like this should never be accepted or forgotten, ever.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
No-one is elevating Jo Cox to sainthood - sensible people are stopping and reflecting on what this appalling crime says about society and politics and why it may have happened.
Democracy hasn't stopped. It is still happening on 23rd June (or whenever the referendum is).
Spreading lies and hate is not democracy. Personal verbal and physical attacks are not democratic.
Having the right to vote however you like is democracy.
Brushing aside this murder threatens that - it leads to acceptance. A crime like this should never be accepted or forgotten, ever.

So by continuing the campaigning that means we are brushing the murder aside? That's ridiculous.What do you suggest that we end all campaigning and just have
the vote next Thursday?

No-one doubts the seriousness of what has happened.MP's,the good ones,the bad ones,the money grabbers,the ones who work tirelessely,all should be able to do their jobs feeling safe and secure and not face the abuse it seems some do.

I hope to see the campaigning start up again today but if it does I'm sure it will be muted for a couple of days.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I was supposed to be on the streets today campaigning for 'remain'. It has been suspended for today because of the tragic events which I am fine with. I had already decided to adopt a subdued approach if we had gone ahead. Actually I think a couple of days without any noise in which people can get their thoughts together is exactly what we all need. I can see an argument for a quiet few days without campaigning or polls before big votes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Take your political correctness to a place where the sun never lightens.

I trust I have answered your question but feel free
to notify me if this has not been the case.

You have answered my question.

And it's not about political correctness as far as I can see, but hey ho.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
So by continuing the campaigning that means we are brushing the murder aside? That's ridiculous.What do you suggest that we end all campaigning and just have
the vote next Thursday?

No-one doubts the seriousness of what has happened.MP's,the good ones,the bad ones,the money grabbers,the ones who work tirelessely,all should be able to do their jobs feeling safe and secure and not face the abuse it seems some do.

I hope to see the campaigning start up again today but if it does I'm sure it will be muted for a couple of days.

Campaigning in the way it did before this murder has to stop, yes.

Monday in the parliament should be an extremely important day. Some very strong leadership, mature reflection and debate is required by all. If any campaigning after that descends back into the pathetic scaremongering and vitriol that has been seen so far, then nothing will have been learnt from this outrage. The UK is supposed to be better than that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

In a strange kind of way the referendum is massive and more important as it will be a generation thing and about the whole of GB.
Very difficult to awnser that but some things are more important than a human life...human life isn't everything on our wonderful planet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
In a strange kind of way the referendum is massive and more important as it will be a generation thing and about the whole of GB.
Very difficult to awnser that but some things are more important than a human life...human life isn't everything on our wonderful planet.
You're full of shit

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
No it's a different kind of war and its still about saving your country from unscrupulous people.

And therein lies the problem. It is NOT ANY kind of war. It is supposed to be a mature debate - politicians giving their measured views for the electorate to democratically decide.
Do you not understand that the murder of an MP is a hugely serious affront to democracy? Far more serious than any election or referendum in my opinion.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Campaigning in the way it did before this murder has to stop, yes.

Monday in the parliament should be an extremely important day. Some very strong leadership, mature reflection and debate is required by all. If any campaigning after that descends back into the pathetic scaremongering and vitriol that has been seen so far, then nothing will have been learnt from this outrage. The UK is supposed to be better than that.

What is there to learn?You are saying that this nutter was pushed to kill Jo Cox because of the negative campaigning.That is wrong.No we do not change anything because of this scumbag.He is a nutter who would eventually have done something.As the days pass and we learn more about him we will see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here