Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moyes gone!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why SHOULD he "prepare the squad for his successor"? His job was to win trophies, which he did time after time whether he had the best squad in the country or not. Moyes clearly was never going to even get close to winning a trophy, whether he'd been given one season or ten, because he was nowhere near good enough for that job. By all means blame Sir Alex for choosing him, but not for the tools he's been given to do the job. The other factor you're ignoring is that Sir Alex wasn't given anything like the budget Moyes has been. When did Sir Alex last sign a £27.5m player and a £37.5m player? Apart from RVP, he barely spent in his final years and even what he did spend was offset by the £80m they got for CR7.

I'm not defending Sir Alex on the choice of manager. Moyes is, was and always will be a mid-table manager and I said that last summer. But he's taken over a squad that won the league last year and he's had £70m to spend so he's been given more than a fair chance to succeed and it's his fault alone that he's come up well short.

Those 'tools he'd been given to do the job', weren't they all in the toolbox Taggart left behind when he retired?

What you're saying is that Taggart could leave a squad that needed a massive rebuild to his self-appointed successor but not be held responsible for anything and it is all Moyes' fault?

If you were in charge of a multi million, multi national company (like Taggart was), you prepare the company for a smooth transition to the next management team. That is part of your on-going responsibilities to the company that has paid you multi millions. Especially if you are to remain part of the company after your retirement. Taggart didn't do that. He dumped Moyes in the deep end of a pile of brown stuff.

To suggest he is isn't in any way responsible is laughable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Those 'tools he'd been given to do the job', weren't they all in the toolbox Taggart left behind when he retired?

What you're saying is that Taggart could leave a squad that needed a massive rebuild to his self-appointed successor but not be held responsible for anything and it is all Moyes' fault?

agree that Fergie is partially to blame for the reasons given. however Moyes' greatest failure has been to show any sign of improvement or rebuilding himself. he overhauled the back room but failed to do anything to change the players on the pitch except two panic signings, one he played out of position (badly) and the other didnt play enough. key positions have not been addressed and a creaking defense has been left alone. any sensible manager would have ditched half the underperforming midfield/defence to impose authority and create competition, but he seems to have stuck to Fergie's players while trying to enforce his way of playing... never works.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It will be interesting to see how Giggs gets on, on the other side of the club.
No favoritism is the first rule for team selection.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It will be interesting to see how Giggs gets on, on the other side of the club.
No favoritism is the first rule for team selection.

Although if you let him shag your missus you'll likely get a start.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
United supporter on Sky Sports News saying that Man Utd 'Deserve the very best manager (s)'. Erm, no you fecking don't you arrogant ****.

This is really annoying me as well. I have seen two or three newspaper reports about how poor the premier league is this year because utd are struggling, no its not it the best we have had for many years, one was even quoting the man in charge of the premier league.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is really annoying me as well. I have seen two or three newspaper reports about how poor the premier league is this year because utd are struggling, no its not it the best we have had for many years, one was even quoting the man in charge of the premier league.

It's noticeable how many people (football fans of pretty much every other club) are saying that the PL is the most interesting and entertaining it has been in years. Just shows how little we football supporters know about the game. Or should that read 'shows how little those in charge of football know what football supporters want from the game'?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Giggs and his gang stab the manager in the back, and he takes the job.

Nice.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sounds like Klopp has ruled himself out. From BBC website

Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
So Giggs and his gang stab the manager in the back, and he takes the job.

Nice.

Yes, but not unsurprising I suppose. I feel sorry for Moyes but it gives me (as if I need it) more hope and anticipation that things will get even worse for them. Whilst DM gets another job that he does well with. The icing on the cake ...Van Gaal takes over and shows Giggs the door.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, but not unsurprising I suppose. I feel sorry for Moyes but it gives me (as if I need it) more hope and anticipation that things will get even worse for them. Whilst DM gets another job that he does well with. The icing on the cake ...Van Gaal takes over and shows Giggs the door.

I'm not sure Moyes will get another PL club to manage unless he gets a Championship club promoted. His PL record isn't anything 'special' (except to all non Utd fans).

He's walking away with a shed load of money and has no real need for another managerial role until/if it suits him. There's always SKY or Match of The Day-the thought of him as a pundit makes me dislike Man Utd even more for firing him and giving him an easy route to TV land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here