Sep 21, 2011
Auch
basically buy something around the 250k + mark and you should be OK

anything under that,your taking your chances

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Some arts of Hampden park are nice, and some parts of Langney are too. There's some housing estates in both areas that aren't as nice. A close friend was brought up in Hampden Park and loves it. My ex lives in Langney and has no issues in his area either.

Pretty much true. With both area's, some parts are okay, other parts are seriously naff. The sections of Priory Road, The Rising and Wordsworth Drive around Eastbourne Borough aren't too bad. Go further along all those very same roads though?! Not so nice.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Pretty much true. With both area's, some parts are okay, other parts are seriously naff. The sections of Priory Road, The Rising and Wordsworth Drive around Eastbourne Borough aren't too bad. Go further along all those very same roads though?! Not so nice.

Friday St is a bit of a divide, between the good the bad and the ugly.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Some arts of Hampden park are nice, and some parts of Langney are too. There's some housing estates in both areas that aren't as nice. A close friend was brought up in Hampden Park and loves it. My ex lives in Langney and has no issues in his area either.

Do you know the Southern Rd area in Hampden Park or the Marsden Rd area in Langney

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Had a look at a couple of houses today, one in Hampden Park and one in Langney, the houses were really nice but a bit worried looking at the replies on this thread, it looks like these are two of the areas to avoid, even more confused now

Good to agree with something MissGull says, but she is right. My cousins live in newish estates in Langney and both the houses and immediate areas are very nice. They live more up towards Stone Cross and to the east of Friday Street.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd check on buses if you want to get to Brighton, i think they go only from the town center, so you'll be getting two. might want to consider the train and look at walking distance to Hampden Park or Polegate. either way, i think 150K is 20-30k shy for a house.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i'd check on buses if you want to get to Brighton, i think they go only from the town center, so you'll be getting two. might want to consider the train and look at walking distance to Hampden Park or Polegate. either way, i think 150K is 20-30k shy for a house.

The evening buses in Eastbourne are not as frequent as they are in Brighton. Are there any nice areas about 10 minutes walk from Hampden Park station which accommodate a £150k budget for a 2 bed house ?

green

Jul 7, 2009
Depends what you would consider 'nice' - I have lived in a number of spots across London and B&H over 30 years and some of those are true dumps, Eastbourne has a few streets and locals which you would do best to avoid, but generally is a very safe place. I would suggest further west from Hampden Park nearer Willingdon, rather than east of the track - you should be able to find a 2 bed house around the 150k mark, although for that price you might want to throughly check out the neighbours before buying!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
To the north of Friday Street and towards Polegate, Stone Cross and Pevensey are fine, the lower Langney area is a bit more undesirable. The Hydeneye area of Hampden Park is probably best to avoid.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The area around St Phillips avenue as said is good. It's actually called Roselands. I've lived in Roselands for almost 7 years now and love it. Yes Eastbourne is not the most exciting place in the world and lacks the cosmopolitan aspect of Brighton but there is loads going on. The image people have is one based on the seventies, God's waiting room etc. The demographic has changed a lot since and there are many younger people here now. After living in Liverpool for 14 years,I can tell you that although there are poorer parts here, the people are generally softer and quieter. I love it. (But I still prefer Seaford!)

I used to live in Roselands myself and it's very odd, but complete strangers would say "good morning".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depends what you would consider 'nice' - I have lived in a number of spots across London and B&H over 30 years and some of those are true dumps, Eastbourne has a few streets and locals which you would do best to avoid, but generally is a very safe place. I would suggest further west from Hampden Park nearer Willingdon, rather than east of the track - you should be able to find a 2 bed house around the 150k mark, although for that price you might want to throughly check out the neighbours before buying!

My Dad and Stepmum live in Brodrick Road and my sister used to live in Maywood Avenue. West Hampden Park seems better than Willingdon Trees which in turn seems better than East Hampden Park. Parts are ok and some are dodgy but my missus doesn't particularly like the area as its predominantly council housing even though most are privately owned or rented out by BTL landlords , she grew up in Hangleton whereas I lived in Whitehawk when I was a kid.

Albion Rob

Lived there all my life until moving to Switzerland last August.

Parents live in Hampden Park (Winkney Farm Estate). I always found it a bit dull and, as others have said, some parts can be dodgy.

We were very happy in Seaside until we moved - can get a bit noisy with people heading home from pubs/clubs but generally fine. We lived in Avondale Road and all the roads round there - Havelock, Firle, Albion, all seemed good. Would avoid he immediate town centre - Susan's Rd, Pevensey Road, Langney Road. Old Town is decent but pricey. We also lived her Eastbourne College for a while and found that most agreeable as it was peaceful but only a short walk to town.

Overall Eastbourne is nice, not a great selection of pubs (South Street has best selection IMHO) and not a brilliant town-wide 'identity' but crime is relatively low and there's enough to do, especially in summer.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Lived there all my life until moving to Switzerland last August.

Parents live in Hampden Park (Winkney Farm Estate). I always found it a bit dull and, as others have said, some parts can be dodgy.

We were very happy in Seaside until we moved - can get a bit noisy with people heading home from pubs/clubs but generally fine. We lived in Avondale Road and all the roads round there - Havelock, Firle, Albion, all seemed good. Would avoid he immediate town centre - Susan's Rd, Pevensey Road, Langney Road. Old Town is decent but pricey. We also lived her Eastbourne College for a while and found that most agreeable as it was peaceful but only a short walk to town.

Overall Eastbourne is nice, not a great selection of pubs (South Street has best selection IMHO) and not a brilliant town-wide 'identity' but crime is relatively low and there's enough to do, especially in summer.

The South street shuffle is a good pub crawl. Other than that Greenhouse and The loft on Marks Lane and Bibendums in Grove Rod are the best, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports