Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving the away fans

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Are you suggesting there will be some in the North stand that would migrate to the south stand to generate that 'friction'?
I would

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Home of the bin fest etc... why are people so precious about 'their seat' if it is for the greater good? Just like no one player, coach or manager is bigger than the club, Brian from Eastbourne is not bigger than the club. The Amex is too nice for away fans and teams, the North stand is too small and other than 2 or 3 occasions, we've never really had the place bouncing and a large part of that is having one entire stand, behind a goal for the away fans.
Making the North bigger isn't an option, moving the away fans is.
Jeffrey, Plumpton, season ticket holder since Goldstone, currently in the ESU.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Home of the bin fest etc... why are people so precious about 'their seat' if it is for the greater good? Just like no one player, coach or manager is bigger than the club, Brian from Eastbourne is not bigger than the club. The Amex is too nice for away fans and teams, the North stand is too small and other than 2 or 3 occasions, we've never really had the place bouncing and a large part of that is having one entire stand, behind a goal for the away fans.

Precious? Not at all. Now whilst highly highly unlikely I would be might peeved if I was kicked out of my WSU seat. Aside from being great value cost wise, I have a great elevated central position and sitting with like minded fans including mates from Goldstone/Withdean days.

Many of those issues would be applicable in other areas of the ground.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Home of the bin fest etc... why are people so precious about 'their seat' if it is for the greater good? .

Just cast you mind back to when our friends up the road moved the black hoodies en masse to behind the goal. No problems at all as everyone accepted being turfed out of their seats for the greater good and the promised improvement in atmosphere and support for the team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What atmosphere? You can't hear the north stand from past the half way line in either the west or the east. The north stand is too small..

I was in the South West corner for Leicester at the back and heard the North Stand just fine. Didn't hear much from WSU though. Acoustics in the stadium can be weird though.

At the moment I think E1G and E1H are mostly guests and match day tickets. I'd just scoot the away section round into the corner more so that we get a greater chunk of the South stand.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
why are people so precious about 'their seat' if it is for the greater good?

It is very easy to not care about a decision when it doesn't affect you.

I like the suggestion from [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]. Minimal disruption compared to the other solutions. And there's been plenty of occasions when the Amex was rocking. How anyone can think it's only twice is beyond me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What it boils down to is that those in the North stand can't collectively get their act together so they blame everything else. There's no atmosphere because we don't have safe standing, there's no atmosphere because the away fans are at the other end, there's no atmosphere because we can't drink at our seats etc etc blah blah blah. If 3k away fans were next to the north it would be a massive embarrassment as you lot would be out sung every week. Nobody should be forced to move because the North can't get their act together. If they were forced to move then we would be no better than Parish pandering to his teenage hoody crew!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here