moving seats to South West Corner

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Next season I will be in the Family section with my 8 year old son (as we were last season). Have recently bought a ST for my 5 year old daughter as well. But could only get her a seat 8 rows down and 6 seats across from me so was going to have my son sit there (as he is a bit older) and I'll sit next to my daughter.

Am now considering moving to south west corner so the 3 of us are all together but wasnt sure if this is a wise move as I'd imagine it would be difficult for the 3 of us to get back to the family section if it wasn't as good a position.

So can anyone advise on the sort of view expected from the south west corner and if it is worth the move from family section (and spending an additional £100) between the 3 of us to do so?

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
The view should be good.

As already mentioned, I would be more concerned about the language your kids will more than likely hear week on week out.

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
To be honest I cant quite understand why the club are not trying to get all 3 of you to sit together in the Family stand? after all surely thats what that areas is for surely!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The view should be good.

As already mentioned, I would be more concerned about the language your kids will more than likely hear week on week out.
If people swear around your kids just tell the kids some grown ups suffer from torrets and swearing is wrong oh f*** it I think I spelt torrettes wrong

Plus Gully and co tend to congregate in front of the East stand and put things on for little uns. And the South Concourse might be less tiddler friendly? Tourettes jokes apart- it will be more industrial away from the family stand and complaints are less likely to be heeded in the RESPECT stand- depends how bothered you are.

Are there no 3s together along there? There often seemed to be spaces here and there last season.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
If people swear around your kids just tell the kids some grown ups suffer from torrets and swearing is wrong oh f*** it I think I spelt torrettes wrong

Sit there and if anyone swears point them in this direction

Torrets.jpg

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Family stand is completley sold out. When I bought my daughters ticket just over a week ago there were only single seats and that was the closest they had to where I am sitting

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Think will probably move. Trying to visulise that corner am I right in thinking that theres a small block.of about 4 rows behind the disabled section? I guess the front row there would be good for the kids if theres nobody directly in front. Either that or stay where I am and just try and have my daughter sit on my lap

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
stay where I am and just try and have my daughter sit on my lap

That'll be a nightmare and you'll likely have the stewards or neighbour on your case. If all you're worried about is swearing I wouldn't bother ... were in the West and there's young kids around us and the swearing (such that it is) is pretty tame .. there may not be too many other kids around and Gully might not strut his stuff as often but that's about it ... you should move I reckon

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Next season I will be in the Family section with my 8 year old son (as we were last season). Have recently bought a ST for my 5 year old daughter as well. But could only get her a seat 8 rows down and 6 seats across from me so was going to have my son sit there (as he is a bit older) and I'll sit next to my daughter.

Am now considering moving to south west corner so the 3 of us are all together but wasnt sure if this is a wise move as I'd imagine it would be difficult for the 3 of us to get back to the family section if it wasn't as good a position.

So can anyone advise on the sort of view expected from the south west corner and if it is worth the move from family section (and spending an additional £100) between the 3 of us to do so?

Hello Dave, here is my view from the South West corner, I love it. Hopefully this photo will help you make your mind up.

STH70074.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports